Boss GM-800

Gordo

Hardly a build report but I can't remember the last time I BOUGHT something and then posted a sound file. I bit the bullet and picked up a Boss GM-800 guitar synth and the GK-5 pickup to go with it. I'm quite impressed so far. It's going to be a bit of a learning curve and this is the GK-5 slapped onto a tele and then a rudimentary setup of the pickup. Seems on these beasts that getting the pickup dialed in to your playing technique (a bit ham fisted in my case) is the key to getting reliable tracking. So far so good though. This is just a stock pad called Piano Symphony with me getting all classical and such :cool:

That thing sounds cool. I have always wanted to get a setup like that. I used to dabble playing other instruments because I like the variety of sounds they make but at my core I’m really a guitarist and none of the other instruments have really clicked for me. I often learn the violin parts of sheet music to play with my daughter on cello and have thought this would be fun for that also.

Back