Builder vs Module 8 Chip....

RobertJay

I have a 24LC32A as a Builder chip and a 24LC64as a Module 8. I also have a 32A here as a Module 8. Are these interchangeable and inter-programable? Maybe they sent me a Builder chip programmed as a module 8?

As far as I know they are interchangeable. It’s due to chip availability. Both work for the fv-1. There’s been a shortage of the 32 so @Robert has been using the 64’s. He mentions it in a thread somewhere.

As far as I know they are interchangeable. It’s due to chip availability. Both work for the fv-1. There’s been a shortage of the 32 so @Robert has been using the 64’s. He mentions it in a thread somewhere.
I just bought a hand full of 24lc32a’s a couple weeks ago from tayda…. I think they have plenty… at least they did when I got those.

Yep, 24LC64 is compatible and works perfectly fine.

That's what we're using at the moment since 24LC32A is unavailable due to the semiconductor shortage. They cost more, but at least they're available.
this is the comment I was referencing
From this troubleshooting Thread. So the chip may be back in stock now.

Nah, they seem to be relatively available again now. Mouser has them in stock as well.
I’m not trying to bag on tayda, I buy as much from them as I possibly can, and for the volume of parts they move it’s inevitable you get a turd in there once in a while. I think that has happened to all of us at some point. And Hugo is pretty damn good about making things right when you let him know. I think personally I have only gotten about $1.50 worth of bad parts in total if that. But that’s part of the game.

Hey, thanks all. I ordered a few at different times, Builder and module 8 to be used in the arachnid. As dumb as it may sound, I'm only using these for one or 2 of the programmed effects. No rotary switch, just a jumper for the effect I am using for the build. Some are Flanger, chorus, and for an octave up on bass builds, I like the pitch shifter of this pcb. I just have no clue which chip is for what. So I am wiring them all up for normal use to see what I have, will modify accordingly and keep better notes in the future. Thanks!

Back