Byzantium Flanger

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
If you would have told me a year ago when I started that I would be building stacked PCB, modulation pedals, I don't think I would have believed it. Yet here we are!

This was intimidating at first, but really came together smoothly. I've got my flow down pretty well now so I was able to get everything up and running in about 2-3 hours. As long as you have the right parts it's not bad. The only part that I used different is 1N914's in place of 1N1418's. Which I have no clue how I ran out of those. Either way, I can't imagine it making a noticeable difference for what I'm going to use it for.

It does the flange thing. Sounds great with some dirt hitting it. I didn't really have to do much with the trimmers. Everything seemed to just work.

I just had a good time building and playing this thing. Not super happy with the graphic. I am in kind of a design funk but this still looks kinda cool. Overall satisfied with it. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• 20231215_141437.jpg
    20231215_141437.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20231215_141446.jpg
    20231215_141446.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20231215_141454.jpg
    20231215_141454.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20231215_141057.jpg
    20231215_141057.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 81
Is it me or have their been extra flanger builds recently? I think it's a sign... And I love it. Hope to be anywhere close to your level in a years time.

Good job. I live and die by the BF-2/HF-2, glad to see other people getting into it. If you want the best range of the pedal make sure you get the clock dialed in properly.
Much appreciated, Chris. I 'think' I have it dialed in. My DMM was fluctuating when trying to check it so it was a bit challenging. It sounds good to me where I have it 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: fig
Thanks! I guess not liking the font and the splatter on the sides. I'm usually overly critical tho.
I’m usually not a fan of the splatter thing either. But I think it’s works on this. Cohesive colors schemes matter. 🤷🏻… it took me a minute but soon as I found a font I liked I stuck with it. Being overly critical can be a double edged sword for sure , it can push you to do better and grow but take it too far and you are just beating yourself up for no reason… I know this one all too well🤣

Dude
If you would have told me a year ago when I started that I would be building stacked PCB, modulation pedals, I don't think I would have believed it. Yet here we are!

This was intimidating at first, but really came together smoothly. I've got my flow down pretty well now so I was able to get everything up and running in about 2-3 hours. As long as you have the right parts it's not bad. The only part that I used different is 1N914's in place of 1N1418's. Which I have no clue how I ran out of those. Either way, I can't imagine it making a noticeable difference for what I'm going to use it for.

It does the flange thing. Sounds great with some dirt hitting it. I didn't really have to do much with the trimmers. Everything seemed to just work.

I just had a good time building and playing this thing. Not super happy with the graphic. I am in kind of a design funk but this still looks kinda cool. Overall satisfied with it. Highly recommended.

I am currently troubleshooting my Byzantium Flanger and I was looking at your build. I noticed that you have a 47k resistor for R37, but the parts list and silkscreen call for a 4k7 resistor for R37.

Was this an intentional modification?

Dude

I am currently troubleshooting my Byzantium Flanger and I was looking at your build. I noticed that you have a 47k resistor for R37, but the parts list and silkscreen call for a 4k7 resistor for R37.

Was this an intentional modification?
You know, I never noticed this. This was a mistake, but I don't think it affected anything as far as I could tell. I will have to crack that back open.

Back