C buffer stand alone (1590A)

phi1

The main request I have for this would be for it to have a toggle switch (DPDT) to bypass the buffer. of course the switch could be omitted and just jumper the switch pads instead. The toggle switch would allow for easy mounting in the enclosure, but also promote flexibility and experimentation. Like, uh oh I’m short a power jack after this quick board rearrangement and I need to borrow one temporarily, I’ll just take it from the buffer and bypass it. Or, this fuzz is sounding weird, I wonder if it’s because of the buffer in front.

Anyway, I think it could probably make for a very tidy and not too jam packed 1590A build (I/O jacks staggered on the sides, DC jack at the top, no stomp switch).

Nice, thanks although 2 things I would prefer,
1. Toggle switch for bypassing the buffer and easy mounting. (Or two versions, one with a toggle, and one with no toggle with mounting holes)
2. I like the sound of the Cornish buffer. I know, I know, you’re not supposed to hear the buffer. Also, I know it could be in my head since I read a bunch of hype about the Cornish buffer before I built my first one on vero. But, I’ve built a few on vero and always found them to be pleasing.

Nice, thanks although 2 things I would prefer,
1. Toggle switch for bypassing the buffer and easy mounting. (Or two versions, one with a toggle, and one with no toggle with mounting holes)
2. I like the sound of the Cornish buffer. I know, I know, you’re not supposed to hear the buffer. Also, I know it could be in my head since I read a bunch of hype about the Cornish buffer before I built my first one on vero. But, I’ve built a few on vero and always found them to be pleasing.

1) You can wire the bypass pretty easily with a DPDT. Some double-sided tape would be sufficient to mount it on top of enclosed jacks.
2) You can make the Klon or Cornish buffer with that board (or any unity gain non-inverting op amp or emitter follower transistor buffer).

Ah nice, my bad I looked too quickly and saw the Klone part, and the the op amp, didn’t notice it can be Cornish too. That’s a cool board.

And yeah you’re right since it’s so small it should fit pretty easily with a toggle in the 1590a. I wouldn’t personally care about the led, since you can see the position n the toggle, but might be a nice touch. Wouldn’t we need 3PDT for true bypass with led though (unless you use the old millennium bypass)?

Yeah, you would need a 3PDT if you wanted to have an LED indicator while bypassing both the input and output. I've built a buffer as an always-on circuit in a 1590LB box that uses an LED for power indication. It sits at the end of the pedal chain, though.

Back