Caesar Chorus Ticking

ThinAir

I did a search of the forum but didn't manage to find anything conclusive. My Caesar Chorus makes a subtle ticking noise in bypass, matching the rate of the time indicator LED. I swapped out socketed components for others, even used a TL072, but the ticking noise is still there. Is this just an issue of pilot error in how the settings are dialed in or are there possibly noisy components I used that the circuit just doesn't like?

Thanks,
Jason

try moving your wiring from the in and out jacks to the footswitch to a different part of the board if you can, since the wires might be picking up some noise from your LFO. I have not built the pedal so I don't know if you have a situation where you can eliminate the noise or just take steps to minimize it.

try moving your wiring from the in and out jacks to the footswitch to a different part of the board if you can, since the wires might be picking up some noise from your LFO. I have not built the pedal so I don't know if you have a situation where you can eliminate the noise or just take steps to minimize it.
That seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks! Good thing I went a bit proud with the cable lengths on this one, gave me plent-o of room to tuck them under the pcb! Good lesson learned for future modulation builds with potential to pick up LFO!

Back