Cannon Fodder MKI (Fear Cannon 1)

DaddyDunks

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Finally finished up the Wave Cannon MK 1 build I’ve been sitting on for a few months; had some issues with the first footswitch and had to replace it, and my 5 year old son “helped” on the drill press for the middle chaos switch. He also named it the “Fear Cannon 1” so it shall be named as such. Sounds great with good versatility like an expanded rat circuit should, the chaos (insane dubbed by son) throws it into craziness, but ain’t nothing wrong with that every now and then. Cheers!

Attachments

• 3AA799B2-1480-4756-A164-61BDCA66105C.jpeg
    3AA799B2-1480-4756-A164-61BDCA66105C.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 44
  • ACD968EF-CD49-4B85-9992-567FD6AD304A.jpeg
    ACD968EF-CD49-4B85-9992-567FD6AD304A.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 44
Very nice. I finally boxed mine up. I think it would be advantageous to use a momentary stomp for the chaos switch, seems more practical. I bought the MKII board that I’m thinking I should do that with.

Very nice. I finally boxed mine up. I think it would be advantageous to use a momentary stomp for the chaos switch, seems more practical. I bought the MKII board that I’m thinking I should do that with.
Totally agree on momentary switch, should be a pretty easy fix to implement. 🤘

I have a question? I just built this cannon fodder mk1 and it sound really really great!!!! until I flick the havok switch and then it’s it sounds horrible the volume and the gain need to be turned down and then it sounds like a weird synthesizer is this normal? I would like to hear someone’s pedal so I know if it is ok.. to me that havok switch is useless. But B I probably did something wrong

I have a question? I just built this cannon fodder mk1 and it sound really really great!!!! until I flick the havok switch and then it’s it sounds horrible the volume and the gain need to be turned down and then it sounds like a weird synthesizer is this normal? I would like to hear someone’s pedal so I know if it is ok.. to me that havok switch is useless. But B I probably did something wrong
Would you say it sounds like havoc? That’s what it does, I don’t understand it being on a switch rather than a stomp, nor do I understand the point of a havoc switch, but maybe I don’t play the right type of music for it.

Same here but the pedal is so great it’s like it holds the best tones and the worst tones in one pedal… it wouldn’t be so bad even with the momentary switch but the volume and all the other knobs need to be adjusted as well they are not even close to forming a good sound. But the pedals is totally worth building just for the drive… I should have bypassed the switch and saved a 1.50 …

I’m thinking I did something wrong the pedal sounds so great…but that havok switch is the worst the volume goes down really low and there’s a screeching noise…I wonder if I have a resistor screwed up …. Or maybe my j201 is crap who knows I wish I had schematics at least

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 4
I’m thinking I did something wrong the pedal sounds so great…but that havok switch is the worst the volume goes down really low and there’s a screeching noise…I wonder if I have a resistor screwed up …. Or maybe my j201 is crap who knows I wish I had schematics at least
The switch makes it sound like shit. Musically usable shit, but shit nonetheless. Synthy, hooty, scrubbly whining shit. If the switch makes your tone shit, then it’s good. Even if it’s malfunctioning in H mode, that’s still a win bc the point is to sound like … well …

The MkI is among my all-time faves. It’s such a cool pedal and putting the H on momentary would be a great mod.

Edit:

Post in thread 'Caroline Wave Cannon'
https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/caroline-wave-cannon.10362/post-102284

Last edited:
Maybe I missed something here, but I just buttoned up my mkII build and used a momentary for the havoc. I assumed a momentary since owning a Meteore’ and having watched their products for awhile, usually the havoc switches on their builds are meant to send the circuit into oscillation, not really a mode switch. Mine performs as I would expect with the momentary sending the circuit into oscillation/feedback (if a little slowly for my tastes). As far as the toggle, mine just seems to add more beef to the overall output, but doesn’t change the volume. Meh?

Mine performs as I would expect with the momentary sending the circuit into oscillation/feedback (if a little slowly for my tastes). As far as the toggle, mine just seems to add more beef to the overall output, but doesn’t change the volume. Meh?

MKII is different from MKI.

The "Havoc" switch is a feedback loop from output to input, it's perfectly normal for it to sound terrible and uncontrollable when it's active.

MKI used a toggle switch for Havoc.

MKII uses a momentary footswitch for Havoc, the toggle switch increases bass response.

For feedback-screechers I like to wire the master volume as a 2-knob-job...

...but for the MKII CF case I'd just add a separate one altogether — when you press the havoc switch the output would be routed to a completely different master volume knob after the loop.

Momentary 3PDT, one pole wired to the Havoc, the other poles wired to the extra-pot&bypass.

Are you playing the pedal first in chain and/or not after a buffer or tuner? From what I understand the "havoc" needs to see the impedance of the guitar/pickup to sound it's best. Maybe test it as the only pedal in the chain to see if it sounds the same for you.

Back