Charlie Brown v4 Crickets

Or try a battery. Single-ended circuits like this one have pretty poor power supply rejection. There really should have been a resistor in series with D100. Does the cricket noise change if you turn the DRIVE control? If you have an audio probe, try probing IC1-7. There's a 100uF cap (C17) on the output of an opamp, which IMHO is very bad. It should have been on the input side of IC1.2. If you get noise on IC1-7, try removing C17.
The cricket sound gett Up with volume and when Gain is full up the crickets sound is very low but still there.

The cricket sound gett Up with volume and when Gain is full up the crickets sound is very low but still there.
I Supersized your Photo, I don't know if this is what you Hearing?

Charlie Crickets Brown.jpg

Ha Ha, I couldn't Help myself. I've had this with a few pedals & it's usually a miss match with Power supply or another Pedal.
Are you Daisy chained, Try using single power supply.
As Chuck said, try a Battery!
It's a process of Elimination!!!

If someone has built this, Chime In.

I Supersized your Photo, I don't know if this is what you Hearing?

View attachment 1939

Ha Ha, I couldn't Help myself. I've had this with a few pedals & it's usually a miss match with Power supply or another Pedal.
Are you Daisy chained, Try using single power supply.
As Chuck said, try a Battery!
It's a process of Elimination!!!

If someone has built this, Chime In.
The noise still there with all the supplies

Try a battery and if the noise is still there you can eliminate the power supplies as a possible source of the noise.

Also -- I know the effect is in the case, but are you putting the back on it when you are testing it for noise? If not, try it closed up as well since that might provide a bit more shielding.

also -- I understand you hear the noise with nothing plugged into the effect. have you tried removing the cable plugged in to your amp and testing with an audio probe to see if you still hear the noise at the output jack?

Try a battery and if the noise is still there you can eliminate the power supplies as a possible source of the noise.

Also -- I know the effect is in the case, but are you putting the back on it when you are testing it for noise? If not, try it closed up as well since that might provide a bit more shielding.
The noise still there when it's close

Hey guys!

I tried with ICs, with power supply....

And the noise go out just with two power supply, I tried T-Rex, Caline, Gator, Engl...

And just with twis two the noise go away:

Amazing Harley Benton xddd

Back