Circulator With Mods

joelorigo

I did almost all of the mods @Chuck D. Bones did and it was a brain challenge keeping straight what to change, how to do it, etc. But it works so I must have gotten it right.
I was interested in this one after seeing @MichaelW post his build report as it is the same type of phaser as my favorite phaser, the Small Stone, and it has a vibrato mode. So I was hoping to turn 2 pedals on my board in to one. It does sound more like the Small Stone (I think) than the Phase 95 that I have been using for a few years, so that is a win. (Plus the Circulator has more tweaking options which is a complaint I have about the Small Stone and Phase 95) The vibrato mode is OK, not as "clean" as the as the Behringer one I have been using, but I don't use it that much anyway so I think I can live with that. So I think it's a win-win.

Attachments

• IMG_6907.JPG
    IMG_6907.JPG
    398.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6908.JPG
    IMG_6908.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 47
Thanks!

The vibrato mode on the Circulator colors the sound in a “goopy” way, whereas the Behringer is exactly the sound of the amp but now with the vibrato effect. Maybe I need to play with it some more.

The vibrato mode is OK, not as "clean" as the as the Behringer one I have been using, but I don't use it that much anyway so I think I can live with that.

If it's the UV300 I believe that is a BBD vibrato, so different topology.

Turning down the Resonance makes a difference. And with some other dialing in it can sound pretty close to the Behringer, close enough for me anyway. I also wasn't able to MAKE it sound as "goopy" as I remembered, so there's that! I feel even better about this pedal now!

Looks great! And made me realize I mislabeled the resonance and depth knobs on mine… crap.

Back