Circulator

VanWhy

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
Here is my Circulator build. This is in honor of my 1-year anniversary with the Pedal PCB forum. I signed up 1 year ago today. I have really enjoyed my time here in this community, so I just wanted post something for the occasion. According to my count this is my 86th PPCB. Not too shabby for a year's time.

Not super hyped on this one but I had a good time building it. Sort of needs a quite a bit of tweaking to dial something good in. And even then, it just comes up a little short. It's not bad. You can get some cool, slightly different phase-y stuff from it. I did some of the mods that are listed here in this thread which I think do help. https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/teaser-ive-got-a-circulator-mod-in-the-works.4649/#post-39094

I like the decal I made but unfortunately some of the finish crinkled up due to improper spraying conditions so that part looks a little sloppy. Other than that, I'm happy with build.

Looking forward to lot of pedal projects coming this year all while soaking up the knowledge, info, and whatever else from this place.

Keep on building.

Attachments

• 20240110_221327.jpg
    20240110_221327.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240110_221344.jpg
    20240110_221344.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240110_221302.jpg
    20240110_221302.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 39
Nice build. I built the XC Phase and the Circulator and find that I actually prefer the Circulator over the traditional MXR sounds of the XC Phase. But to each his own (I just posted a build report on the Pharmacist - a pedal that seems almost universally beloved here but, for me, the jury is still out). I'm glad we all have varying tastes - otherwise there wouldn't be such a terrific variety of pedals to build! :)

Again - great job and build report.

Mike

EDIT TO ADD - Happy anniversary! My first anniversary comes up on February 20. I'm so glad I found this community.

Happy PPCBversary! 86 pedals in a year is something. what are your favorites from those builds?
Thanks! That is a great question. Just a quick look at my list I have to say Moonshot Tremolo, Carbon Black Fuzz, Amentum Boost, Arkaim Fuzz, Byzantium Flanger, Cepheid Chorus, Sabbath Distortion, Persica Fuzz. A lot of good ones.

I dig the graphics. 86 pedals in a year is quite a workload. :oops:

I built one last year and it kind of met some expectations, but also kind of a let down as well. I don't have any use for the vibrato mode so I'd just get rid of that switch. I'm also fine with 50% blend, so the blend knob is useless to me. It's handy if you use vibrato setting though because you have to dime it for unity volume output. Then you have the speed settings. Having one setting in between both would be perfectly acceptable to me and the middle setting where you can manually adjust the resonance like a Bad Stone is interesting I suppose, but another thing I don't see myself personally using. I'd also like it to be a little warmer. It sounds like I hate it, but I really did enjoy it just only used a few settings.

Nice build! The Circulator is a cool project l. I also wasn't very hyped by the project but after playing it for a bit, I was overjoy by it. It is a very musical effect!

I dig the graphics. 86 pedals in a year is quite a workload. :oops:

I built one last year and it kind of met some expectations, but also kind of a let down as well. I don't have any use for the vibrato mode so I'd just get rid of that switch. I'm also fine with 50% blend, so the blend knob is useless to me. It's handy if you use vibrato setting though because you have to dime it for unity volume output. Then you have the speed settings. Having one setting in between both would be perfectly acceptable to me and the middle setting where you can manually adjust the resonance like a Bad Stone is interesting I suppose, but another thing I don't see myself personally using. I'd also like it to be a little warmer. It sounds like I hate it, but I really did enjoy it just only used a few settings.
Thanks dude! And that's only 86 PPCB boards! I have about 50+ non PPCB boards I did this past year as well...

Those are good observations with your build. I guess my expectations were to have it be more versatile. I kind of had to do more digging to really find something I liked. It's a cool phaser. Just not quite my taste.

Back