Clandestine Preamp Questions

I'm getting started on the Clandestine Preamp and am confused about the capacitors C1, C2, C3, C4, C5:

Clandestine.PNG

I've never seen the layout with 4 points per capacitor. Do I just solder a small lead from the capacitor leg to the holes outside of each?

Also - I'm just realizing I ordered the wrong kind of trimpot. The plans call for a 50K 3362P trim pot, but I ordered this on accident. Can I get away with these, or do I need to order the 3362P?

Last question - what exactly should I be running to the ground PCB hole (circled in blue)?

Sorry for all of these questions, I'm still pretty new to this and still haven't seen a lot of specifics.

Thanks!

Reactions: fig
Thanks a lot for the help!

One more question regarding the trimpot -
1639949311806.png
The 50K trimpot I have has 3 legs. Do I just ignore the two through-holes that don't line up with the pot's legs? The two in the center would be the ones that don't line up.

Thanks again.

Hello, I'm new to building pedals and ordered this pre amp as I owned the original chase tone but I'm running into an issue figuring out what type of power this pedal takes is it center positive or center negative. If so could some one please provide more information as to how someone would identify this for future builds. Thank you in advance.

Hello, I'm new to building pedals and ordered this pre amp as I owned the original chase tone but I'm running into an issue figuring out what type of power this pedal takes is it center positive or center negative. If so could some one please provide more information as to how someone would identify this for future builds. Thank you in advance.

It’s a negative ground circuit, as seen in the schematic, so the supply will be center negative.

It’s a negative ground circuit, as seen in the schematic, so the supply will be center negative.
can you please show where you found this on the schematic I'm somewhat familiar with the symboled but want to understand how you reached your answer.

so just to clarify if the symbols were reversed then the cable would have to be center positive.

Another follow up question would be how would I be able to tell how many volts a pedal would need by looking at the schematic in this case I'm guessing its 9V but as far as mA go how would I tell that. Just planning out a few other builds and the power issue is my main draw back.

Back