Cobalt Drive / Boss BD-2 Blues Driver / PCB078

scheffehcs

Had a request from a friend visiting from overseas to build a her a Blues Driver before going back home. Thanks to PedalPCB, Tayda, Small Bear, and the good ol’ USPS, I got all the parts and built it in under two weeks! Luckily finished it the day before her flight. It sounds great. I was able to AB it with a real one and it’s pretty darn close. Can’t even remember the subtle differences.

I also subbed the dual gang A250k for a100k, plus subbed the appropriate resistors and caps - thanks to Chuck’s great BD-2 breakdown.

A250kA100k
R81.5K620Req'd if changing GAIN pot to 100K.
R1022K9.1KReq'd if changing GAIN pot to 100K.
C4150nF390nFReq'd if changing GAIN pot to 100K.
C547pF120pFReq'd if changing GAIN pot to 100K.

Had a request from a friend visiting from overseas to build a her a Blues Driver before going back home. Thanks to PedalPCB, Tayda, Small Bear, and the good ol’ USPS, I got all the parts and built it in under two weeks! Luckily finished it the day before her flight. It sounds great. I was able to AB it with a real one and it’s pretty darn close. Can’t even remember the subtle differences.

I also subbed the dual gang A250k for a100k, plus subbed the appropriate resistors and caps - thanks to Chuck’s great BD-2 breakdown.

A250kA100k
R81.5K620Req'd if changing GAIN pot to 100K.
R1022K9.1KReq'd if changing GAIN pot to 100K.
C4150nF390nFReq'd if changing GAIN pot to 100K.
C547pF120pFReq'd if changing GAIN pot to 100K.

First off: Nice build.

Second: Did you order those knobs from Tayda? Do you happen to have the diameter of those? I’m looking for that style but with a silver cap and Tayda has them but I think the 16 mm diameter include the pointer.

First off: Nice build.

Second: Did you order those knobs from Tayda? Do you happen to have the diameter of those? I’m looking for that style but with a silver cap and Tayda has them but I think the 16 mm diameter include the pointer.
I’m pretty sure I got them from small bear. Looks like they don’t have them exactly, but they do have the knurled version here:

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure I got them from small bear. Looks like the my don’t have them exactly, but they do have the knurled version here:

Ah!

Just as I suspected. Tayda quotes 16 mm diameter but it’s really smaller at the skirt. They include the pointer in the 16 mm. Should net me 2 mm all around on my Hydra graphics!

Back