Conquerer

I used the 42TM013 transformer with the adapter. It sounds great. One of my favorite fuzzes right now

I used the 42TM013 transformer with the adapter. It sounds great. One of my favorite fuzzes right now
In the middle of building this one and was curious how to correctly connect the transformer to the adapter and then to the pcb? I wonder if one of you kind gentleman would mind giving me a quick run down and/or a picture to illustrate how that’s accomplished? Just want to be sure I connect them properly.

I’ve looked through the forum but haven’t seen the how to. Perhaps it’s super simple and this is a dumb question in my part.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!

Here’s how I do mine
I put the headers in first and solder them to the adaptor board so that I know the headers will line up...
Then I take that out and put the transformer in...
Make sure the side with a “p” is on the primary side of the adapter board..

Attachments

• 7215718D-39CD-4454-B182-57A87F321F54.jpeg
    7215718D-39CD-4454-B182-57A87F321F54.jpeg
    881 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 23
Here’s how I do mine
I put the headers in first and solder them to the adaptor board so that I know the headers will line up...
Make sure the side with a “p” is on the primary side of the adapter board.
You’re awesome! Thank you good sir. Love checking out your builds, they’re among the cleanest out there.

Here’s how I do mine
Make sure the side with a “p” is on the primary side of the adapter board..
Also, I’m assuming the primary side also faces the 3pdt when everything is installed?

You’re awesome! Thank you good sir. Love checking out your builds, they’re among the cleanest out there
Thanks man
Another cool thing to do is replace q4 and q5 with germanium diodes...
I just use the 2 outside holes and leave the middle one empty and both cathodes should face left...

Thanks man
Another cool thing to do is replace q4 and q5 with germanium diodes...
I just use the 2 outside holes and leave the middle one empty and both cathodes should face left...
No kidding? I’ve got a couple boards I’ll try that myself. Also the ME6 inductor as well as the transformer to see if there’s much of a difference.

Back