Conspiracy to Commit Electronics - Formal Intro

I'd definitely do a zipper and a black finger. Also the b12. Pretty much all in for the diy tube bass adventures. I'd even do the swr, though I've never ever interacted with that brand.

SWR did some pretty cool stuff back in the day. They were pretty innovative and did a lot to progress bass amplification. I was sad to see them go but I still rock their Goliath 4x10 even though it weighs a ton and a half. I also have a Workingman's 15" combo amp that sounds spectacular.

Like anything, there was some not-so-great with the great. I never got to try any SWR, but I sure drooled over some of the company's offerings!

The Grand Prix is new to me, though. Somehow that went under my SWRadar...

Also, while there is the Broughton P15, it's not DIY, so if people here preferred a B15N pre-amp, I'd be okay with that. Then again, I'd like to get the B15 clone from Trinity, and then hack in the B12 pre-amp...

A bass-boy can dream...

Peccary, how's your Trinity coming? [*ducks out, checks build-thread]

Last edited:
I once dimed a megoliath 8x10 fridge in a guitar shop I worked at. I forget what head was on it but it was also SWR. Didn't take long to get shut down by my manager and that's pretty much it. I'm sure I've plugged into a workingman backline at some point but it left no impression good or bad.

Last edited:
Any idea when the Supersonic PCBs will be back in stock? I was going to get one the other day and they went from 8 or 9 in stock to 0 all the sudden. Waiting on that Nobelium as well :)

Any idea when the Supersonic PCBs will be back in stock? I was going to get one the other day and they went from 8 or 9 in stock to 0 all the sudden. Waiting on that Nobelium as well :)
There was an issue with the PCB, one of the pots was wired backwards, and also the FX loop jacks on the enclosure were drilled too close to the tubes so that needs to be revised. I'm waiting on revised PCBs to show up then I'll get some more enclosures on hand and make both available again.

There was an issue with the PCB, one of the pots was wired backwards, and also the FX loop jacks on the enclosure were drilled too close to the tubes so that needs to be revised. I'm waiting on revised PCBs to show up then I'll get some more enclosures on hand and make both available again.
Thank you for the quick response. I have ordered from the c2c site a few times now and love all the projects and appreciate how quickly you have sent the orders out. I have an ambassador and black eye to build while I wait on those to so not a big deal. I just wanted to make sure I didn‘t miss out on it.

I've been looking for a Noble project since I started building pedals..... can't wait. I could never afford one otherwise.
That was one of the big reasons we wanted to do Nobelium. The people that can afford one will buy one, and the people that can't afford one still have an option. I know professional players and studio folks love them, but hobbyists that still want to sound good have a hard time justifying that kind of cash on a preamp.

I've been busy with home/family stuff lately and still haven't gotten around to doing a build doc for Nobelium. I have boards, faceplates, and enclosures in-hand and verified (like SERIOUSLY verified), just need to carve out time to get the build doc together.

That was one of the big reasons we wanted to do Nobelium. The people that can afford one will buy one, and the people that can't afford one still have an option. I know professional players and studio folks love them, but hobbyists that still want to sound good have a hard time justifying that kind of cash on a preamp.

I've been busy with home/family stuff lately and still haven't gotten around to doing a build doc for Nobelium. I have boards, faceplates, and enclosures in-hand and verified (like SERIOUSLY verified), just need to carve out time to get the build doc together.
200w.gif

We don't NEED no stinking build docs!

I can’t believe I missed this thread. Congrats on the new site guys! I’m excited to see the upcoming projects. I may have to give tubes a shot…

Back