Conspiracy to Commit Electronics - Formal Intro

C2C Electronics

Authorized Vendor
Hey everyone, this is Jeff. I'm sorry that I'm not on here more, but Nathan asked me to come on here and talk about the new website we're launching.

As of September 29, 2023, Sushi Box FX will no longer be selling DIY PCBs, and all of his projects have been moved over to Conspiracy to Commit Electronics, which I am going to run. Nathan and I have arranged a partnership where I will continue to support all of the projects he developed and will continue to sell his stock of PCBs with the Sushi Box name until the stock is gone, when I will revise the PCBs with the Conspiracy to Commit Electronics name and slight changes, as we have slightly different layout styles.

Some of you may have noticed that the newer projects Nathan has been posting like Supersonic, Nobelium, and Vampire Slayer already have the Conspiracy to Commit Electronics logo on them, and these are projects we worked on together so they will be the first projects branded as Conspiracy to Commit Electronics. Nathan has done a lot of good work and will continue to work with him. He spends a lot more time on social media and forums than I do, so he will probably continue to be the one to talk about these things, but I am around from time to time and can be reached when needed through the C2C website.

I'm not planning to release a lot more projects since Nathan and I are both busy, but we both like hearing suggestions of oddball tube projects that you all would be interested in.

Great projects!
Will the new stuff be available through Musikding like some of emtje sushibox projects?
That's certainly the intention. Shipping to Europe tends to be expensive (not mention duty and VAT) and Musikding makes it a lot easier for you. I just sent a box to Musikding last week with new stuff, so they will have Lab Rat and Diplomat in stock soon. It sounds like anything people ask him to stock he asks me for, so make sure you keep requesting things :p

That's certainly the intention. Shipping to Europe tends to be expensive (not mention duty and VAT) and Musikding makes it a lot easier for you. I just sent a box to Musikding last week with new stuff, so they will have Lab Rat and Diplomat in stock soon. It sounds like anything people ask him to stock he asks me for, so make sure you keep requesting things :p
Klaus is the saviour of us poor Euro based hobbyists

Wow I didn't know I could get your stuff through Musikding.
I have a cart languishing there waiting for enough products to justify the shipping.

Hey Jeff! Good luck on the new site! Excited to give some of the new stuff a go in the future!

One “oddball tube project” I’d love to see is the JMI Vox Vibravox or the Vib-Trem circuit found in 1960s Vox AC30s— tube distortion is fun, and tube buffers/DIs/Boosts are classy, but tube tremolo… 🤤
I second this. Then I don't have to do it myself

Well, I just ordered some PCBs:

Ambassador
Black Eye
Diplomat
High Voltage SMPS
Lab Rat
Particle Accelerator

I've already got two Black Eyes, but what the hell, third eye's the charm. No idea what I'll do with the HV SMPS other than kill myself.

I conspire to order the Vampire Slayer in future and maybe some enclosures, too, but for now the above maxes out the duty🇨🇦free and 🚢ping.

Wishing Nathan and Jeff great success moving forward in their Conspiracy.

I like the new site. Will C2C also sell enclosures? I can't imagine Nathan would hold onto that part even if he is still making them. Or maybe that part is just too labor intensive to keep offering them.

In any case, I eagerly clicked on the new projects when I saw them listed and was not surprised they are show as coming soon.

Great stuff Jeff. looking forward to what you guys do next!
Another suggestion would the Ampeg tube DI, SVT-MP
Note. There are two versions. The *good* one SVT-MP is labeled "vacuum tube microphone preamplifier" and has a gain knob on the top. The other is the SVT-DI, which is fine, but not as flexible and only runs one tube vs 2.
Iirc, it's not related to Ampeg at all. A single run of 245 units were made.
From the original designer:

It's basically an LA-2A gain block w/ adjustable feedback gain control. Line in is a resistive pad to the xfmr, Output pad just knocks it way down, 40-50dB after output tx. Instrument input inserted after input xfmr. Transformers were from Crimson Audio, filaments are DC, B+ around 250 VDC. Coupling caps are ones that would fit...metallized polyester.

TUBE ZIPPER would be rad as hell. I’m really curious about the filter on this one
Oh also I think I speak for quite a few of us when I say:

Tube Zipper! Such a rad pedal.

I'd definitely do a zipper and a black finger. Also the b12. Pretty much all in for the diy tube bass adventures. I'd even do the swr, though I've never ever interacted with that brand.

Back