Coppersound component substitution box

Would you believe me if i told you i have been breadboarding this since yesterday ALL day, ripped it apart 5 TIMES only to find out i was putting the input jack in the out put and output jack in the input? 🤦‍♂️
We’ve all been there. I got really confused by this the other day since through my test box on bypass it works this way but with the effect on it doesn’t but made a whining noise.

So immediately im impressed. The 250 sounds sooooooo much better with bat 41s. This diode box really allows you to hear the difference on the fly! Going to be messing around a little more. Who knew the Uvs would sound good!

IMG-0923.jpg IMG-0922.jpg

So here are a few of my initial impressions with the coppersound component sub box (diode version):

So I have finally gotten around to breadboarding the 250 and man this diode box made me realize something. I love silicon diodes way more than ge and leds. At least for this particular circuit it sounds so much better with bat41s. I should also mention 2n7000 are an option here and they sound amazing! then theres the BAV21 diodes which i never heard of and they are competing with the BAT41s on sound still 2 different flavors though. I would've never known to put bat41s in this circuit if this diode box didn't have the option so readily available. This thing makes it easy to swap out any combo of diodes on the fly. You get 24 sets of diodes 12 on each side. I should probably note since the leads are very similar to the ones you'd find on jumper cables you should just be careful when inserting them it hasn't happened to me but i can see them bending just like the jumper cables do. All in all its a great tool to help you experiment!

This is only possible because of @fig and @StompBoxParts! Thanks again for the tool i will be putting it to use more today! Maybe those red LEDs might change my mind like it did for alot of people on here! :cool:

View attachment 34370View attachment 34371

So here are a few of my initial impressions with the coppersound component sub box (diode version):

So I have finally gotten around to breadboarding the 250 and man this diode box made me realize something. I love silicon diodes way more than ge and leds. At least for this particular circuit it sounds so much better with bat41s. I should also mention 2n7000 are an option here and they sound amazing! then theres the BAV21 diodes which i never heard of and they are competing with the BAT41s on sound still 2 different flavors though. I would've never known to put bat41s in this circuit if this diode box didn't have the option so readily available. This thing makes it easy to swap out any combo of diodes on the fly. You get 24 sets of diodes 12 on each side. I should probably note since the leads are very similar to the ones you'd find on jumper cables you should just be careful when inserting them it hasn't happened to me but i can see them bending just like the jumper cables do. All in all its a great tool to help you experiment!

This is only possible because of @fig and @StompBoxParts! Thanks again for the tool i will be putting it to use more today! Maybe those red LEDs might change my mind like it did for alot of people on here! :cool:
Ok now I need to try the bat41 and bav21’s again. I def favored the germanium 1n34a and the 2n7000’s myself. I expected to like the leds a little more but was disappointed with the lack of clipping (which I realize makes sense). I was surprised at the difference in brightness between some as well as volume. Some sounded kind of shrill and then others warm. For sure a nifty tool to play with. And yes thank you @fig and @StompBoxParts.

I think I’m going to do up a blues breaker with hard clipping to play around with.

Ok now I need to try the bat41 and bav21’s again. I def favored the germanium 1n34a and the 2n7000’s myself. I expected to like the leds a little more but was disappointed with the lack of clipping (which I realize makes sense). I was surprised at the difference in brightness between some as well as volume. Some sounded kind of shrill and then others warm. For sure a nifty tool to play with. And yes thank you @fig and @StompBoxParts.

I think I’m going to do up a blues breaker with hard clipping to play around with.
Ooooohhh that should be cool as heck! Let me know what you think! And yes try the BAV21s they sound really really good!

Back