Curds and whey distortion added to a better overdrive?

You could also use the unused op amp to buffer the VR rail or to implement an active tone filter

This - I'd recommend a Sallen-Key type LPF, the Prunes loves heavily low passed signals.
It also loves being driven by suboctaves

I'm curious to see/ hear the results with the Timmy front end, but I've a feeling it'll be kinda underwhelming. It's neither filtered heavily or particularly harmonically rich enough, in my opinion

Watching closely! Hoping for success.

I wasn't gonna say anything for fear of being negative, but DGWVI is reading my mind. Isn't the Timmy the epitome of transparent / bordering on meh? I feel like the Oasis would be infinitely more interesting, but also much more complex. Either way, I hope your experiment is a huge success. It will open up a world of possibilities!

This - I'd recommend a Sallen-Key type LPF, the Prunes loves heavily low passed signals.

I'm curious to see/ hear the results with the Timmy front end, but I've a feeling it'll be kinda underwhelming. It's neither filtered heavily or particularly harmonically rich enough, in my opinion

I'm hoping this accidently evolves into an octave prunes of some kind.

Thanks. Do you have an example of the Salem key in action? Or know how i might implement it here? I’m a bit of an amateur with theory.

Open to other overdrive ideas if you have any? Timmy was chosen mostly because it’s simple.

Thanks. Do you have an example of the Salem key in action? Or know how i might implement it here? I’m a bit of an amateur with theory.

Open to other overdrive ideas if you have any? Timmy was chosen mostly because it’s simple.
Off the top of my head, the Op-amp Big Muff uses one pre-clipping for that warmer fuzz texture, and the Octarock uses a few at various points to aid in tracking

Personally, I'm a fan of the dirt in the Prunes, but a heavier fuzz would do well. You could try clipping diodes on the feedback loop and/or to ground for some different textures

The op-amp Muff would be a good start, or something else with a strong attack and shortened decay like the FY-2 would work well

I love the fuzz/op amp big muff idea!

I think I will stop tinkering with the idea and just bite the bullet. As long as it works I will be happy even if the Timmy isn’t interesting.

If successful I might look into a more appropriate overdrive or a fuzz like you suggested. Probably the fuzz!

For what it's worth, the wavefolder section of the Prunes & Custard is adapted from a design by Juergen Haible (alt link). Digging into that might come up with people who have done similar stuff based on it as well.
That is awesome. I kind of want to take that circuit and throw it in a stompbox. I’m assuming I’d need some sort of charge pump or converter to get that +15 -15 v

Here’s the build docs, under Wavefolder:

I love the fuzz/op amp big muff idea!

I think I will stop tinkering with the idea and just bite the bullet. As long as it works I will be happy even if the Timmy isn’t interesting.

If successful I might look into a more appropriate overdrive or a fuzz like you suggested. Probably the fuzz!

For a quick mod, you can play with the value of C2. Increase it to something like 10n for some heavier filtering

Here is where I am at so far, I have fixed up things that seem to be issues. I will read through those wavefolder documents, I am very interested in the shape poteniometer, hopefully I can include one.

I'm glad there is enthusiasm for this and it's not just me.

Since I suck at breadboarding, I'll have a PCB made of this fairly soon and see how it goes. Fingers crossed it works. I'll post my results, even if it is a total failure.

Cool!

Looking forward to seeing how this idea shakes out for you.

Sucky or not, I'd still attempt to breadboard it before expending money & time on a PCB layout; ideas like yours are the very reason breadboarding exists — tweak it 'til it works the way you want and then have a PCB made.

You could also audition the other suggested circuits and more using smaller daughter-breadboards — load up the P&C intermodulation on the main breadboard, and then the smaller breadboards could host the Timmy, the BMPOA, Dunes, etc.

Check out the JMK Panner, that might give you a place to stick that spare op-amp and from what I've read the Panner is a solid option for mixing the signals.

Back