Curds and Whey. Wacky goodness!

neiltheseal

Hey everyone

I finally put together my Curds and Whey (Prunes and Custard clone) and this thing is amazing. An instant favourite. Sounds equally good on bass and guitar too.

I've had this thing sitting around for ages and I'm not sure why I bought it actually - but I'm so glad I did. With the mix knob CCW it has a pretty cool distortion/overdrive sound that I really like. But the real star of the show is with the mix fully CW. It has an awesome synth-like sound that i really love. It's just really bright and trashy and I'm sure my family hate me now as I just played with it for about an hour.

I've been playing around with Tayda's UV printing service and I seem to be getting more competent at it. I'm pretty happy with this design. I don't know why I included the Lorax, I just think he's cool.

Anyway, thanks for reading. If anyone is into weird but still useable sounds, definitely try this one. I think it's up there with the Bluesbreaker and Green Russian Muff for me. Not that they sound similar, but those are the pedals I'm constantly coming back to. I think the Prunes and Custard/Curds and Whey will be always on my board.

IMG_6120.jpg IMG_6121.jpg

Last edited:
Great graphic. Nice and simple, good font, I always like a two color layout that looks like it could have been screen printed. And the Lorax rules.

I need to go find some demos of that circuit.

I'd be curious what font that is.

I dig the subtitle you came up with: "harmonic generator-intermodulator;" that's more intuitive than “prunes & custard.” (y)

I'd be curious what font that is.

I dig the subtitle you came up with: "harmonic generator-intermodulator;" that's more intuitive than “prunes & custard.” (y)

Thanks. I can’t take credit for the subtitle - I took it from the prunes and custard itself. I agree, it needed something more on the box to let me know what it did.

I think the font is futura bold that I stretched a little. I can’t check unfortunately as my computer is in the shop after having liquid spilled on it! I think I’ll need to buy a new one.

Oh, shoot. Hope you enjoy your new computer. I had to replace a computer in December and lost many files.

Futura was my guess. I use it a lot. But I compared it to futura and thought, "that's not it." :) Must've been the stretching.

Prunes & Custard is in my cart. I'm labeling it “harmonic generator-intermodulator” thanks to you.

Back