DeadEndFx Loop-D-Loop (Ceriatone Kleinulator)

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I built this to run in my VHT D-Fifty amp which is based on a Dumble #102, meaning like most Dumbles it has a passive efx loop.

I had actually already built a homegrown buffered loop pedal with a GGG Opamp buffer board documented here. Which actually works great.
But the Kleinulator (a solid state version of the Dumble tube based C-Lator) has a few more controls, like send, return, and gain recovery along with some bright switches.

This is a JFet based buffered loop and it actually sounds brighter in my loop than my homegrown pedal. Even with the bright switches turned off I needed to make some adjustments on the amp. But it's really nice to have send/return levels now.

The only thing missing in this circuit is a bypass but I guess it's not really designed for that. I may add a bypass toggle at some point.

I actually had this built about a month ago but I used the wrong voltage rating caps. The unit runs at 33v courtesy of the charge pump.
Plus I wired the jacks incorrectly....duh.

So I put it aside for a while but finally got back to it last night, swapped the electrolytic caps for 50v and wired it up correctly.
The caps were larger than I wanted and it's forced some cattywampus jacks but it all works heh.

I used the only 1590BBM I had, this is the custom color from SBP.

(And that's not a scratch but a dog hair.... :ROFLMAO: )
IMG_5229.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

Back