Sumthin' different: Loop Master

cooder

Here's a JFET implementation of the ol' Dumblelator. Some of my amps have a passive loop, notably my Matchless Lightning type amp, which I will use this for so that the cranked sounds don't overload fx in loop.
Seems to work great (have only had a quick try, but so far so good). A fair bit of tweakability with the send/return/recovery and bright switches.
Definetely more cost effective than the real stardust tube ones by the deceased Maestro, that's for sure.

JKZGpAX.jpg

erdH3No.jpg

kHZKXRB.jpg

CJyjelM.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers, yes I based my board on the DeadendFX schematic. Great to read your build report, I was about to ask how it works in your VHT 50 there.
It works great! The one I originally "home rolled" was just a couple of buffers without the level controls. It works fine TBH but I love having the additional level controls on the send and return. I don't have either of the bright switches on, it's too bright for me.

I’m always impressed by your stuff @cooder. Great looking build!

If you don’t mind me asking, what voltage are you running those JFETs at in your build?

I’m always impressed by your stuff @cooder. Great looking build!

If you don’t mind me asking, what voltage are you running those JFETs at in your build?
Hi Brett, sorry for late reply, I was a few days away. Thanks for comments, the voltages I run are 32.5 V on Q1 and 18.7V on Q2 taken at 9V input supply.

Back