Deofol/OKKO Diablo

djmiyta

I've had mine built for a while but don't use very often because mine has too much lower end and sounds muffled. Does anyone know or have a mod or idea to brighten this pedal up a bit?

Yes I find mine also too muffled and have the tone control maxed out. Would be great to hear some update of schematic as I think Robert @PedalPCB has the original for tracing on the bench. Would love to see what's going on there, sorry I can't help more myself at this stage.

Thanks. It's all good. I just came here 1st asking and havent checked elsewhere yet. Since this forum is my go to. I'm sure I can find something somewhere if I do I'll link it here.

Thanks Chuck D I’ll look at how those trims are set. Usually after I bias the trannies with a multimeter I’ll go back and do it by ear unless I can’t get it to sound better And I’ll have a look in the Mods forum

I think it might be also really an issue that the original schematic isn't quite what the original is, I think Robert mentioned that there were disparities.

Thanks Chuck D I’ll look at how those trims are set. Usually after I bias the trannies with a multimeter I’ll go back and do it by ear unless I can’t get it to sound better And I’ll have a look in the Mods forum

In this circuit, none of the trimmers are for adjusting the bias. They adjust the bass & presence on the fuzz channel and everything (gain, bass, treble & level) on the boost channel.

If you're building v2, try removing C19. If that's too bright, then try lower values for C19 such as 1nF or less.

I've had mine built for a while but don't use very often because mine has too much lower end and sounds muffled. Does anyone know or have a mod or idea to brighten this pedal up a bit?
I don't agree, but it takes some fiddling with the f knobs. The feed knob does some low end cut ccw. I though the dynamics was the volume knob. But it makes it run in 18 full clockwise

I don't agree, but it takes some fiddling with the f knobs. The feed knob does some low end cut ccw. I though the dynamics was the volume knob. But it makes it run in 18 full clockwise
The current Deofol PCB is completely different to the version in the discussion above, the current one has no trimmers!

I've built and used several similar overdrives/amps in a box, and I always come back to the Deofol. There's just something I really like about the quality of the breakup, and it has a very wide, responsive range from light breakup to fully fuzzed out. Sounds pretty good throughout.

I'm not very good at discerning topologies. Is it basically a marshall pedal?

Last edited:
I haven't seen one and have searched high and low. The only accurate one of any Diablo was the vanilla one which Robert has done. I'd be interested as well.

Back