Distortion Plus turret board conversion to 250 preamp

drgonzo1969

So I am venturing into turret board builds. I got the parts from amplifiedparts.com for a distortion plus and was going to build it stock but it says in the build docs that with a few value changes it can be made into a 250 preamp. However, I haven't found any other info on their site about those value changes. Here is a link to the project and build docs. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some 250 preamp turret board layouts or help with value changes?

So I am venturing into turret board builds. I got the parts from amplifiedparts.com for a distortion plus and was going to build it stock but it says in the build docs that with a few value changes it can be made into a 250 preamp. However, I haven't found any other info on their site about those value changes. Here is a link to the project and build docs. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some 250 preamp turret board layouts or help with value changes?
incidentally i drafted a turretboard layout for a DOD250, but i never built it, i’ll try and remember to upload it when i get home (it’s on my desktop)

edit: attached.
- i followed the beavis audio schematic above
- assymetrical diode clippers where an intentional choice, but obviously it’s easy to do whatever you want.
- i haven’t checked it for errors as thoroughly as i would if i was about to build it. happy to email the diylc file if you wanna tweak it.

Attachments

• C5BBBBCD-B5FF-43E4-8137-97B6B5804B2F.png
    C5BBBBCD-B5FF-43E4-8137-97B6B5804B2F.png
    375.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
What’s a 250 preamp?

This looks like something I might want to try. I’m excited to see you build it.

incidentally i drafted a turretboard layout for a DOD250, but i never built it, i’ll try and remember to upload it when i get home (it’s on my desktop)

edit: attached.
- i followed the beavis audio schematic above
- assymetrical diode clippers where an intentional choice, but obviously it’s easy to do whatever you want.
- i haven’t checked it for errors as thoroughly as i would if i was about to build it. happy to email the diylc file if you wanna tweak it.
Hell yeah! Thanks for posting this! I will have get a bigger turret board to build that layout. The one I have is only 6 on each side. I might just build the distortion + straight up and then do a 250. I should have enough parts to do both

Back