DIY Bass Pedals

You can use bass with any of the filter pedals, or any pedal really. The only ones I’ve ever heard a difference on is dirt pedals.

I am intrigued by your HPF/PEQ circuit, though. I have about ten too many irons in the fire right now but once I finish a couple of things up I will probably reach out. I've seen your work for years over at TB and would really dig building something you designed.
I just ordered the first set of boards. Once I get one built up I'll start trying it with various other modules I have kicking around and see what it wants to be. Maybe something functionally similar to this but in pedal form, for instance:

PW7B2_completed.jpg

That one has Aux In and FET drive sections on the back, and a pretty badass Jensen output transformer.

You can use bass with any of the filter pedals, or any pedal really. The only ones I’ve ever heard a difference on is dirt pedals.
I think this is why you just build a blender pedal with your dirt pedals in the loop so you get clean low end and away you go.

I started at the beginning of the "Any DIY pedal builders on TB? Strut your stuff! " thread, after seeing @Passinwind link there. I went down a rabbit hole on this post by @Feral Feline: Post #132

I think this is why you just build a blender pedal with your dirt pedals in the loop so you get clean low end and away you go.

I started at the beginning of the "Any DIY pedal builders on TB? Strut your stuff! " thread, after seeing @Passinwind link there. I went down a rabbit hole on this post by @Feral Feline: Post #132
I was looking for a compressor about 11 years ago, and couldn’t find a good one for a decent price. I found I could build one and have been building ever since. I once tried to get out but was sucked back in.

Has anyone used any of the FV-1 projects like the Arachnid with bass? I'm about to build a pedal for a friend as a birthday present and thought that might be fun but have no idea how it'll be with a bass and don't own one to test it out before I give it to him.
I've built many using FV-1 for bass. Chorus and Phaser are probably my favorite. The fact that you can mix in clean is HUGE!

Has anyone used any of the FV-1 projects like the Arachnid with bass? I'm about to build a pedal for a friend as a birthday present and thought that might be fun but have no idea how it'll be with a bass and don't own one to test it out before I give it to him.
I’m a big fan of the PPCB Unison on bass.

I have the Underminer as well. I didn't find it too useful on bass but it's super fun with an analog synth! Your recommendations are always worthwhile for bass, though, so I may have to play with it on bass some more and find what I was missing.

I didn't find the glitch setting as useful but I'd consider the normal setting similar/ a contender with the synthy parasit stuff. I did the mod board on my arcadiator so it's the one I prefer but if I need to make space on my board, the underminer is smaller so it may see some play in the future. Some further honesty, if I wanted an even smaller pedalboard, I'd skip it entirely and just rock the ocelot into my dirts.

Back