DIY Bass Pedals

I wanted to play saxophone but they made me play french horn.... I hated it.

They finally let me switch to saxophone and everything was great until one day the music teacher asked me to walk up to the front of the class... He wanted to demonstrate something for the class so he took the saxophone from me and played it..... Well it's yours now buddy, that sax is dead to me.

Rather than quit music class altogether they suggested I give the snare drum a shot, which I was all for, but quickly realized what a pain in the ass it would be to lug that thing around school all day between classes...

I decided to just drop out of school and play with computers instead.

I regret nothing.

Being somewhat vertically challenged never deterred me from bass-playing. So I agree it's complete BS. Tall people though tend to look better with a Fender bass than short ones, if you get my drift.
Yeah, I mean, I worked at a music store right after high school, and I was constantly renting out 1/4 basses to like 3’2” 6 year old half-pints. I was average height in 3rd grade; like 4ft or something like that, right? I could have easily played a 1/2 bass. The fact that 1/4 and even 1/8 were readily available for us to call in at the music store means that even if I couldn’t play a 1/2 at that time, there would have been a size I could have played.

They finally let me switch to saxophone and everything was great until one day the music teacher asked me to walk up to the front of the class... He wanted to demonstrate something for the class so he took the saxophone from me and played it..... Well it's yours now buddy, that sax is dead to me.

Rather than quit music class altogether they suggested I give the snare drum a shot, which I was all for, but quickly realized what a pain in the ass it would be to lug that thing around school all day between classes...

I regret nothing.
I was a huge germaphobe as a kid (still am to a lesser degree), and that would have wrecked me lmao.

I refused to walk on the right side of the music hallway from 4th grade to 6th grade because I once saw the band teacher empty her spot valve onto the floor right there. It was probably 100% gone by the next weekend when they re-polished the floors, but I didn’t care. That was now a no-fly zone for me.

My god I wouldn't even want to use your talkbox. Who would do such a thing?

Do they not know how it works?

I mean, I'd even be hesitant to use my own talkbox. :ROFLMAO:

Those hose would get shorter and shorter after every gig... before long I'd have to lay face down on the floor to use it.

I regret nothing.
I walked a little more than half a mile to and from school in 5th grade, lugging mine. At least I didn't have to drag it around between classes. I could run like a MF then though. Guess it was good exercise.

School was pretty rough around here. I could have left it in the band room but it would have gone missing by lunch time.

Wait now, I didn't drop out of elementary school if that's what you're implying.

This is the wrong thread for that. :ROFLMAO:

We didn't have band in elementary school, aside from those little plastic "recorders" ... I should get one of those and practice Hot Cross Buns around the house. You think my guitar playing is obnoxious? How about this? Squeeeeaaaaaaak.

aside from those little plastic "recorders" ... I should get one of those and practice Hot Cross Buns around the house. You think my guitar playing is obnoxious? How about this? Squeeeeaaaaaaak.
oh, you should hear about one of the albums I’m working on. I can guarantee everyone will hate it here except me 😅

Wait now, I didn't drop out of elementary school if that's what you're implying.

We didn't have band in elementary school, aside from those little plastic "recorders" ... I should get one of those and practice Hot Cross Buns around the house. You think my guitar playing is obnoxious? How about this? Squeeeeaaaaaaak.
I hid all of the ones in my house because murder may have happened.

Flutophone?
t400-p.jpg

Back
Top Bottom