Drill template doesn't match actual PCB

marcelomd

Hi,

The drill templates for my boards seem to be a few mm smaller than they should be. Measuring by placing the PCB over the template. The drill guides should align (at least horizontally) with the potentiometer pads.
I suspect it has to do with some conversion between paper sizes (I have A4 paper). I opened the PDFs on Inkscape to force 1:1 scale printing. It didn't work.
I suppose I could bend the potentiometers a bit, but one of the PCBs has multiple toggle switches (Crunch Capitain Deluxe) and they are mounted flush to the PCB.

I found some templates with dimensions here in the forum, but they don't match my PCBs.

Are this dimensions listed somewhere? I don't mind making my own template, since I'll be doing a dual build.

Thanks!

EDIT: The boards are: Crunch Capitain Deluxe, Bootleg Overdrive and an Obsidius Preamp

Last edited:
If it's close you could drill the holes out till they fit and use washers if needed.

If worse comes to worst, then at least you've got a contender for @fig s latest competition: https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/mark-it-donnie.8180/#post-73572

I'm not well versed in the graphics side of things (or any side of anything, really) but I always download the PDF at 100% and then drop it in to Inkscape and it has worked fine.

If it's close you could drill the holes out till they fit and use washers if needed.

If worse comes to worst, then at least you've got a contender for @fig s latest competition: https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/mark-it-donnie.8180/#post-73572

I'm not well versed in the graphics side of things (or any side of anything, really) but I always download the PDF at 100% and then drop it in to Inkscape and it has worked fine.

I do something similar, except in Corel Draw.

I have to say, I built a Bootleg recently and the drill template in the support documents worked perfectly for me. Everytime I print a template the program always defaults to 95% size, though.

Back