Sushi Box - Tayda Drill Templates

I guess the good news is a brand new printhead gives the crispest cleanest prints, so I have that to look forward to.

I was worried the Nobelium’s first run would run out before I could decide what else to pad my order with. Luckily, I managed to order a few enclosures and PCBs after agonising all evening and into the wee hours over what to get.

With all that I had, I was already at my $₶৲₱₽৲₦₲ & tax/duty-free limit, so thankfully the Supersonic was out of stock.

No Worries No Hurries here. I've got to pace myself a bit. I had a pretty good binge when you announced the C2CE site.

I need something to look forward to.

It's all about the antici...

images

Anymore drill templates ?
Mirage Tremolo will be the next PCB I want to order as soon as you get some more XLR DI daughter boards back in stock.
I always start my PCB designs with a grid with positions to place the pots and switches etc, that way all my stomp boxes and amps can use the same box as long as it fits in that size cabinet. I can hide unused holes with a skinny PCB fascia panel.

Anymore drill templates ?
Mirage Tremolo will be the next PCB I want to order as soon as you get some more XLR DI daughter boards back in stock.
I always start my PCB designs with a grid with positions to place the pots and switches etc, that way all my stomp boxes and amps can use the same box as long as it fits in that size cabinet. I can hide unused holes with a skinny PCB fascia panel.
I'll get a Mirage template uploaded in the next day or two.

I want to get some artwork started and get a box ordered for the mirage. Do you have the template ready by chance?

Vigilante398, do you have a Tayda drill template for the Supersonic?
I think that one might be a bit hard to do by hand so I will have to get one made.
I might also make up a fascia PCB for it so I got one when I am ready to order the Supersonic PCB
I don't know how Tayda ships so cheap to Au but its great and fast.

Vigilante398, do you have a Tayda drill template for the Supersonic?
I think that one might be a bit hard to do by hand so I will have to get one made.
I might also make up a fascia PCB for it so I got one when I am ready to order the Supersonic PCB
I don't know how Tayda ships so cheap to Au but its great and fast.
I don't have a tayda template for supersonic because the 1590DD enclosures Tayda uses have walls too thick for the hardware to thread onto. Lovemyswitches is the only place I've found that has thin-walled 1590DD's that I can use with Supersonic.

So actually I guess I do have a tayda template for supersonic, that's how I know they're too thick, so I guess if you wanted to counterbore it yourself that's an option and I could share it.

Good to know that Taydas 1590DD is too thick walled, but the drill template would still be great to have in case I want to make a fascia PCB.
It would also be very useful so I can mark out the holes on whatever I will place it in, I prefer the dimensions like you have left at Tayda because I find it easy to align the holes with reference to the center of each face.
I am not sure when I will be buying the Supersonic yet as there are several others I am interested in, especially the Particle Accelerator since I could turn it into a Bassman 371, Dual Showman and the Alembic. ( Might have to make all 3 eventually)
Thank you
Michael

I have 2 routers I use for wood, I should be able to use a router on a stompbox to take a skim of the front thickness.
I am guessing it would be easiest to do it from the inside, I have to research if I need a special router bit first or if the wood ones will do.
I might have to make a jig to hold the stompbox still as well,

Back