DSOTM V3 [Done!]

olivero1

This is a project that I am going to redo (rehome), properly with graphics this time!
I built this 2010ish? But I never added labels or graphics to it.
Well, that changes today! Since the soldering is done already and this is more a rehousing build, I figure I would post updates on how it is going.
I have spent the day measuring and creating the label. Since I like Pink Floyd and Rick & Morty, I found a wonderful image that captures them both.
The graphic has been printed and is currently drying after adding Acrylic Sealer. So, in 24 hours time I can start adding the decal and clear topcoat.
When the housing is fully cured and ready for assemble I will redo the wiring so that it "looks" better inside.
I have added a guts picture and the case with the printout plans and measurement and a low quality version of the label dressing. I will add pictures as I move along. I hope to have this done sooner than later, it is my favorite Fuzz pedal and I just might have to use the PedalPCB Audition board until the box is completed! It really is my favorite fuzz pedal and that is why it has taken so long to finally give it a home to reside in.

This is a GuitarPCB PCB build called DSOTM V3. The new version now has the pots mounted on the PCB rather than the footswitch. I have been tempted to build a 2nd one in a 125B case. I may have already printed the label for that too...

Attachments

• DSOTM_Guts.jpg
    DSOTM_Guts.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • DSOTM_Plans.jpg
    DSOTM_Plans.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • Graphic.gif
    Graphic.gif
    109.9 KB · Views: 33
I have finished rehousing the pedal. Had a moment of panic when I was testing the pedal. Bypass worked, effect dead. Helps if you actually turn some of the pots up from 0! I wasted 5 minutes of troubleshooting until I realized what the problem was. Gladly, it works!.
I was going to rewire the pots and decided I will do that when a pot needs replaced. Turns out all my pots on hand are PCB legs and not solder leads.

The label cut outs lined up very well, not perfect, but good enough. The enclosure is powder coated so the in/out panel looks horrible, but it does what it needs to. That is a foil heat transfer and it works great on the pedal board and a little light. Very easy to ID and read!

The only parts I did replace were the DC connection and IN/OUT Jacks. No biggie, I have tons of new ones and plenty of wire. I did a better twist on the IN, OUT and POWER wires and that has helped with some of the noise.

Glad to have this pedal back in action!

Attachments

• Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Graphic.gif
    Graphic.gif
    109.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Guts_Installed.jpg
    Guts_Installed.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Label_PostCut.jpg