Dung Beetle: "Horus"

rwl

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This is a build of the Dung Beetle, based on the Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe. I chose to style and name this based on the Egyptian God Horus, whose head is that of a peregrine falcon, to fit with the Egyptian style of the Scarab and Dung Beetle. The enclosure is painted with Tayda's metallic light gold color, which I quite like, and the top is a UV print.

A very enjoyable straightforward build, and this is currently my favorite fuzz pedal for a pure fuzz sound (vs a muff or octave fuzz). It's very configurable. I built this at the same time as the Fuzz Aldrin, which everyone had hyped up as another favorite fuzz, and thus far I prefer the Dung Beetle... although I need to spend some more time playing with both. One thing that's a bit tough on this one is that the bias knob is very critical for the sound, and if it's not set appropriately I've found the output can vary significantly.

In terms of the guts and build, this was very easy. All the parts were simple to find. As with my previous builds, I'm not super satisfied with the audio jacks or the wiring and may swap out the audio jacks if this stays on my board.

Attachments

• PXL_20240713_212323299.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240713_212323299.MP.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20240713_211835615.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240713_211835615.MP.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 28
Back