Duocast 9v/24v switch power?

Jbanks

This might be a dumb question, but do I need to use different power (I.e. 24v DC) when I switch from 9v to 24v on the Duocast. I wasn’t sure if that switch was just manipulating the power voltage internally or something you need to change power sources for. I ask because the right side (24v?) sounds totally starved/gated when I flip over from 9v, which sounds Amazing!!

thanks!

That switch puts the charge pump in the circuit or removes it. That pedal should not be powered with anything above 9V DC or you will risk damaging internal components. You may have an issue with your charge pump circuit block if it sounds gated. That setting should provide additional headroom before clipping when compared to the 9V setting.

That switch puts the charge pump in the circuit or removes it. That pedal should not be powered with anything above 9V DC or you will risk damaging internal components. You may have an issue with your charge pump circuit block if it sounds gated. That setting should provide additional headroom before clipping when compared to the 9V setting.
It was the 15v diode that was the culprit. Now it sounds fine in 24v mode but just with more headroom. Thanks for the help!

Hello, I just want to confirm that, is the voltage switch with the latest version is 9 to 24v or 9 to 27v?

It’s probably closer to 25V. The charge pump multiplies the voltage by 3 but since it needs diodes to work, you also get a 0.7V drop per diode.

Back