Easy open enclosures?

bifurcation

Hey all,

I dunno about y'all, but the worst part about discovering a problem with a circuit after putting it into the enclosure is having to unsolder the %$#@& power jack. I've even thought about trying to use clips or something to easily release from the power jack.

Anyway, I noticed on this pedal the builder used a case that easily releases all the jacks:
IMG_20191008_123055449.jpg IMG_20191008_123117518.jpg

I imagine that PCB-mounted power jack puts strain on the board when you plug in, but are cases like this a good idea?

(Though this is the only enclosure I've ever seen like this, so maybe a moot point anyway.)

Sometimes I box one with the plan to water slide it later. In these situations I just snip the wire on the dc jack and throw the jack out... not worth the 15 cents or so to me to de-solder the leads. I leave the red and black wires a bit long anyway, some builders who keep it super tight and clean might not like that.

also, I personally always test the circuit outside of the box first.

I just stick the + & - wire through the Power Jack Hole & attach a 9v Battery Clip & Sticky Tape if I want to Test it.
The circuit in the Enclosure is the best option to cut out Interference.

There always the 9v adapters that have the screw on the inside so that you don’t have to solder it. It all slides through the nut itself.

Back