Effects Layouts Darkmantle and Cherry Bomb dual pedal.

Mentaltossflycoon

A friend of mine's wife asked to buy a pedal for her husband's birthday. She sent pics of his set up and there was some back and forth but to ensure a happy "customer" I gave her a long list of things I had that I could let go of. Told her to have one of his band mates pick 2 or 3 things and that I'd rehouse them in one enclosure, no charge.

Well... they chose the zapper, spotted dick, and polar cap fuzz. While I think those are amazing picks.... I'm just not boxing those 3 things together so he gets them as is. I figured why not build up a fourth out of what i have on hand? Looking at the pics of his set up I noticed he uses a devi ever Bi fuzz and a tentacle. I have a lot of devi stuff but I know nothing of the Bi fuzz but reading a little about it I decided the closest in my stash was between a sodameiser or ruby. I landed on the ruby but we'll see how he likes it. It's described as a secretly misogynistic tone bender, whatever the hell that means

I definitely liked the interaction with the octave both before and after so I gave it an order switcher. Fuzz into octave you retain the volume knob cleanup, octave into fuzz gives a little volume boost and is naaaasty. Both pcbs were extremely easy to work with, I'm pretty happy how this turned out for a 24 hour deadline project. 5 pedals for the price of zero dollars. Gonna be a loud ass birthday over there.

Screenshot_20230405_003400.jpg Screenshot_20230405_003749.jpg
I just noticed that these are like a little progression of my evolving aesthetic. Photo shop, vintage textbook, Max Ernst collage, and now the AI nonsense.
Screenshot_20230405_011631.jpg

I’m so glad you included the group shot! I haven’t had my morning cuppa yet, and the rectangle image on the trapezoid box (which my brain kept making into a rectangle with some wide angle forced perspective!) was really freaking me out. Even more so with the bottom cover in the gut shot. I couldn’t figure out how you did that!

Back