Electric Druid Flangelicious

Mentaltossflycoon

I populated this board almost 2 years ago, drilled the enclosure and then handed it off to an artist friend to paint. Unfortunately said friend flaked for 24 months so I took it back this week so I can finally get the pcb off my bench. I had built the "Electric Ladyland" chuck d bones' version of the mistress while waiting so I kind of forgot about this one.

The ladyland has some fun waveshapes but the Flangelicious goes a little further into the weird. I have both the "4 knob" and "multiflange" chips. The 4 knob is a simpler flanger with more tweakability while the multi has 5 waveshapes and gets much wilder. The momentary switch will reset the waveform of the 4 knob vs. reversing the effect of the multi. This reversal shifts things so that the clock noise is more audible but it's interesting so I figured the momentary was the way to go. Speaking of clock noise, there's much more noise going on here at higher depth and frequency settings. You can dial most of it out with the trimpots and then backing the depth and frequency knobs off but again, it returns in reverse mode. This is my only real gripe. It's otherwise a great sounding pedal that can get very weird.

While it didn't unseat my ladyland, it's no loser. Respect to electric druid for a fun and great sounding circuit. 20240111_034306.jpg 20240111_032633.jpg

Back