ElectroVibe Modifications Thread

Can I replace the C100k stereo pots with any other thing?
For the life of me I can't find them anywhere in Europe, let alone find them at a reasonable price since shipping to Poland is around 15 Euros with DHL.

These are the one's that I bought:

Would it be more economical for someone to buy them and mail them to you? I'd do it for whatever the actual cost is.

I have a CIOX DC7. It has 7 outputs, each of which are switchable at 9V, 12V, 15V, and 18V. I can run the pedal at 15V. What should I do in the power supply, to get the proper voltage?

How critical is it anyway?

I have a CIOX DC7. It has 7 outputs, each of which are switchable at 9V, 12V, 15V, and 18V. I can run the pedal at 15V. What should I do in the power supply, to get the proper voltage?

How critical is it anyway?

Build it stock and run the pedal at 9v or forego the charge pump and run it directly at 18vDC.

These are the one's that I bought:

Would it be more economical for someone to buy them and mail them to you? I'd do it for whatever the actual cost is.
Thanks but I'm gonna buy them from Tayda when I have the money to order a few printed enclosures.

Unfortunately the pots I was linked turned out to have PCB pins and solder lugs mixed together. I should've looked better before wasting 9 euros on them. Really weird part!

Thanks but I'm gonna buy them from Tayda when I have the money to order a few printed enclosures.

Unfortunately the pots I was linked turned out to have PCB pins and solder lugs mixed together. I should've looked better before wasting 9 euros on them. Really weird part!
That does sound weird. Good luck with the build. If you change your mind I could include DIY 3D printed dust covers for dual gang pots.

Should the bulb be socketed? It's incandescent so theoretically it could burn out.

You can't socket it in the Big Electrovibe. The lid barely fits on as it is.

Technically you could socket it on the Mini, but why bother?

Your ElectroVibe Bulb will outlive you.

Last edited:
That does sound weird. Good luck with the build. If you change your mind I could include DIY 3D printed dust covers for dual gang pots.
Do you have a link to the STL file for the dual gang dust covers? I think they were posted somewhere a while back, but I can’t find em anywhere

Do you have a link to the STL file for the dual gang dust covers? I think they were posted somewhere a while back, but I can’t find em anywhere
I got the file from post #10 from this thread:

I have it and a .gcode file still on my computer if you need them.

You have to tweak the trimmers for a strong vibe sound while using a light shield.
This is where I’m at too. Your mods and notes have been extremely helpful. I just can’t seem to get that heavy throb that almost sounds like a double throb. I’ve tried different photocell distances form the lamp, different lamp brightness with offset and gain trimmers and using two different lamp covers (one reflective and one just white). It’s so close but I just can’t find that low end thump. Any suggestions? Thanks.

This is where I’m at too. Your mods and notes have been extremely helpful. I just can’t seem to get that heavy throb that almost sounds like a double throb. I’ve tried different photocell distances form the lamp, different lamp brightness with offset and gain trimmers and using two different lamp covers (one reflective and one just white). It’s so close but I just can’t find that low end thump. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Which LDRs did you use?

If you want more “whomp” (what I call the exaggerated throb), you need to make the bulb brighter.

If you want more “whomp” (what I call the exaggerated throb), you need to make the bulb brighter.
I agree. And it’s definitely in the ball park. I can hear it but it’s just not as pronounced in the low end. Then that double whomp whomp. It’s in there but just as prominent in the lows. I’ve gone over the values so many times. I’m wondering if one of my ldr’s may not be working? I found reference voltages for the transistors and they are all there. I’m using the dual 2n3904 mod and I added the trimpot to the mix blend mod and ther helped a bit too. I also have a 15v regulator and that really helped. And I don’t change and capacitor values. I feel like I have done so much research and tried so many things that it’s gotta be something so simple lol. Maybe I’m just being too ocd but I’m trying to get the classic whomp and swoosh and not a phaser.

Back