Ember Boost 1uF

lcipher3

Any issues with using 2.2uF in place of the 1uF electrolytics in C9 and C11 of the Ember (Spark) Boost?
Thought I had a bunch in stock...

ember boost.png

Attachments

• ember boost.png
    ember boost.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 4
I think you should be fine using the 2u2 there.
One other hint: I built the Ember boost and was initialy underwhelmed until Chuck helped me with some mod suggestions that made alll the difference in the world. Built as per docs I found it flat and underwhelming, I changed by removing C 19 completely and reduced C 10 to 100pF.

One other hint: I built the Ember boost and was initialy underwhelmed until Chuck helped me with some mod suggestions that made alll the difference in the world. Built as per docs I found it flat and underwhelming, I changed by removing C 19 completely and reduced C 10 to 100pF.

Thanks! Simple mods - I'll be sure to socketed those (C10 and C19) for experimenting
Did you use 2134's?

I have an Ember Boost on deck soon. When removing C19 do I need to jump it or just leave out completely. I’ll socket them regardless

Thanks! Simple mods - I'll be sure to socketed those (C10 and C19) for experimenting
Did you use 2134's?
I did use 2134s initially and then swapped for garden variety YL072 and it didn't seem to make a difference. The difference was in the cap substitutions.

I have an Ember Boost on deck soon. When removing C19 do I need to jump it or just leave out completely. I’ll socket them regardless
You would leave the cap C 19 out, don't jumper it.

Did you use 2134's?
Back to the 1uF question:if you have 1uF film caps at hand you could use those if you can squeeze them in, that should at least theoretically be better sound wise as fim caps are regarded better in signal path over electros. I probably started a can of worms in saying that.

Back to the 1uF question:if you have 1uF film caps at hand you could use those if you can squeeze them in, that should at least theoretically be better sound wise as fim caps are regarded better in signal path over electros. I probably started a can of worms in saying that.

Board is way too tight for film caps - *maybe* C11 but no way C9 so electro it is.

Thanks for the info on the TL072. I've always found that to be the case that there isn't much if any diff, especially for guitar stuff.

I did use 2134s initially and then swapped for garden variety YL072 and it didn't seem to make a difference. The difference was in the cap substitutions.

You would leave the cap C 19 out, don't jumper it.
Thanks for the clarification

Back