Emu Amp Sim Switches

chris.knudson

I'm trying to build the Emu Amp Sim, but the 2P3T Slide Switches that fit on the break out board don't seem to be available anymore. Does anybody have a recommendation for a suitable replacement that will fit in the 10mm pcb?

I was also not able to find the switches and I looked far and wide. I resigned myself to the next closest thing I found which are SS23E04. Build is still in progress. I think I’ll have to just forgo the breakout boards or get extremely creative with a file :)

I was also not able to find the switches and I looked far and wide. I resigned myself to the next closest thing I found which are SS23E04. Build is still in progress. I think I’ll have to just forgo the breakout boards or get extremely creative with a file :)
Yeah, I've looked pretty much everywhere too. I actually bought something very similar (SS23D01), but the problem I am having is that I bought the faceplate for the EMU, and these little 5mm ones are too small. I figure that if I can find a switch that fits in the faceplate, I can figure out a way to perfboard or off-board wire the switches. Otherwise I might have to forgo the faceplate and just find some 2P3T switches that I can mount to the enclosure.

Yeah, I've looked pretty much everywhere too. I actually bought something very similar (SS23D01), but the problem I am having is that I bought the faceplate for the EMU, and these little 5mm ones are too small. I figure that if I can find a switch that fits in the faceplate, I can figure out a way to perfboard or off-board wire the switches. Otherwise I might have to forgo the faceplate and just find some 2P3T switches that I can mount to the enclosure.
Maybe?

It might be time to revise the project to work with an available switch.

Some of the others (like the D02) have supports on the corners that would help in leveling the switches.

Went ahead and grabbed a few hundred of those switches to hold us over until a suitable (and replenishable) replacement is chosen.

Can't compete with $.39 obviously (although it's more like $.69 after factoring in shipping) but you won't have to buy 10 of them nor wait a month for them to arrive.

Went ahead and grabbed a few hundred of those switches to hold us over until a suitable (and replenishable) replacement is chosen.

Can't compete with $.39 obviously (although it's more like $.69 after factoring in shipping) but you won't have to buy 10 of them nor wait a month for them to arrive.
I picked up 20 of them off of eBay. Have no idea when they'll arrive or what I'm actually going to get, so I may hit you up if my eBay order doesn't work out.

I’ll order some switches when they arrive. I’ve got a bunch of other projects I can work on ahead of this one. It is possible to get a notification when they are available? I took apart one of the switches I had to see if a clever solution could be had. While it was cool to see how they work, I think it’s not worth the effort considering how cheap they are.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpeg
    IMG_0618.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 8
I picked up 20 of them off of eBay.

I got the same ones you did. I actually came here to post that I had found some and saw that you had already found the same ones.

If we get what was advertised then we should be good to go, but we'll see.

I'm expecting them to take about 4 - 6 weeks to arrive, regardless of what the estimated delivery date says.

The sellers name isn't very encouraging... :ROFLMAO:

1704850845916.png

I got the same ones you did. I actually came here to post that I had found some and saw that you had already found the same ones.

I'm expecting them to take about 4 - 6 weeks to arrive, regardless of what the estimated delivery date says.

View attachment 65540
Yeah, fingers crossed.

I had 3 switches (bought at a brick&mortar) set aside of the correct pin-spacing etc, but after following this thread for a spell I checked my switches the other night...

Sure enough, they don't fit the daughterboards because they're little teensy rectangle-legs and not round pins.

So put me on the wait-list — I'll be looking for that shipment to drop in the store, too!

View attachment 65540
Any luck with worldwidewait? My switches arrived today.

Back