EMU Amp Simulator

chongmagic

Just finished putting this together, getting the holes right for the slide switches was a bit tricky, but I used a step bit after marking the faceplate. Still playing around with it, but it is crazy how it mimics the tweed sound. Can be high gain for sure, have some smaller knobs on the way, but other than that very pleased with it.

I assume since there’s a switch for mic position, there is cab simulation filtering built in?

If I’m understanding the design correctly, all the dirt is generated by clipping the tl072s. This is different from the types of circuits I’m used to (diode clippers and cascading jfets).

can you give some info on how the distortion sounds compared to other pedals? Also, do you think there’s much prospect for using this live direct into the mixer (sans amp...)?

Yes you are correct in regards to the clipping.

I haven't used this with an amp yet, I have been plugging straight into a Vox MV50 AC -> Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 -> KRK Rockit 5s.

In the demo above, the guy indicates he has it going straight into his sound card on his computer, so I would imagine direct into a mixer would work great too.

Looks great, I don't know where some of you guys find the time to crank out so many pedals!

Back