Enchanted Boost in 1590A?

nate_noise

Wondering if anyone out there has built the Enchanted Boost into a 1590A enclosure? It looks like it might fit, and the JHS Prestige is in a 1590A (obviously no battery).

Out of curiosity, are there any other PCBs here on pedalpcb that will fit a 1590A? Maybe a small fuzz?

Hi, I put mine into a 1590B enclosure and put the board off center somewhat like the original Mr Magic, and it leaves 3/4" room on the side of the enclosure, so you should be ok with a 1590A

I'm considering a 1590LB and forgoing the foot switch in favor of an oversize control knob, as the pedal is a buffer when turned down

To answer your original question, the Enchanted Boost will fit pretty easily if you forego the board mounted pot and run wires instead. I’m pretty sure the Squidward (EQD Tentacle/ Green Ringer) will too.

With a can-do attitude and a bottle of lube, other projects will fit: Executive Fuzz (Bosstone), Kalle (Karl fuzz), etc… Check the PCB’s dimensions against the enclosure first!

Englishman (Tayda PCB), Karl, Eternity (Tayda PCB):
IMG_6119.jpeg

GuitarPCB has a Zendrive PCB (Zenith Mini) that will fit in a 1590A as well. The key is to choose your parts carefully and allow yourself plenty of headroom if the PCB sits on top of the jacks like the above!

I love a good 1590 build. The Executive is definitely going on my list to do a small build for.

Additionally I think being meticulous with drilling is important.
Get the foot switch as close as humanly possible to the bottom edge.
Keep the in/out jacks as far from the backplate (close to the face) as possible.

I have only 1 successful 1590A under my belt but it was so much fun to yell at and fiddle with that I will be doing more in the future.

I love a good 1590 build. The Executive is definitely going on my list to do a small build for.

Additionally I think being meticulous with drilling is important.
Get the foot switch as close as humanly possible to the bottom edge.
Keep the in/out jacks as far from the backplate (close to the face) as possible.

I have only 1 successful 1590A under my belt but it was so much fun to yell at and fiddle with that I will be doing more in the future.
Yes, drilling is key! One day I’ll sit down and map out a drill template for Tayda, but until then..

Top 2: pot spacing (for 9mm pots)
Bottom: footswitch
IMG_0730.jpeg

Top: input jack side
Bottom: DC jack on north side- surprisingly important when placing the PCB. Too high or too low will f*** up the spacing!
IMG_0731.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, drilling is key! One day I’ll sit down and map out a drill template for Tayda, but until then..

Top 2: pot spacing (for 9mm pots)
Bottom: footswitch
View attachment 68493

Top: input jack side
Bottom: DC jack on north side- surprisingly important when placing the PCB. Too high or too low will f*** up the spacing!
View attachment 68494
Thanks for the pics. The inch ruler is too rough for such a measurement. I recommend using a metric ruler.

Thanks for the pics. The inch ruler is too rough for such a measurement. I recommend using a metric ruler.
I agree that a more precise measurement would be ideal. My process for the last 10 years has been to cover the face in masking tape, use the square to grid my drill points, center hole punch, pilot hole, step bit. More often than not, though, my holes are dead-on; the few times I've had problems were due to a worn bit, which was promptly replaced.

In a perfect world, I'd have a laser-guided drill press or have Tayda do the work!

@coltonius this is awesome, thanks for sharing!! Super cute pedals

So far the only 1590A pedal I've built has been a copy of the EHX Cntl Knob (no PCB required, pretty easy build to fit in, but I do know what you mean about getting the drilling spot on.)

I've also got the GBOF pcb from GuitarPCB kicking around my toolbox that I'm thinking of building into a mini fuzz face. Stage 3 Booster from GuitarPCB will also fit into a 1590A.

Would be cool if PedalPCB categorized on the site which ones can be crammed in a 1590A. People who build pedals obviously want (need?) more pedals on their boards! lol.

Back