EQD Dispatch Master

Yep. Combining reverb and delay in an fv-1 patch would be pretty simple. Looks like the control set (3 parameters and a mix) could be realized with what's already available here (arachnid, Pythagoras, dev board). I'm sure pedalpcb could wor up a patch that does this very easily.

Making it sound exactly the same, (copying whatever makes it "special") would be more difficult. From what I understand reverbs in general are hard to emulate.

Pretty sure it uses analog feedback control (like the DroloFX pedals) to free up more memory space for the FV-1. It also doesn't have a crystal (at least not in the V3 that I've got) and it uses a CD4049 like the PedalPCB clock module. It's a near perfect sounding algorithm though, I love it!

Nice, good info. Any idea if the clock is being controlled by the time knob? (I doubt it since that would affect how the reverb sounds too). Or maybe they just wanted to run it at a set speed for better quality or longer possible delays.

Almost positive it’s the latter. I’m sure when they were designing it they had a clock adjustment knob on their prototype and kept adjust until they found the sweet spot!

I have the schematic for this... It's basically the standard FV-1 arrangement with a 4049 clock instead of crystal.

I don't think there's anything particularly special about the algorithm, it wouldn't be too hard to come up with something similar.

Back