EQD Monarch Breadboard...

Fingolfen

I didn't go with the full Boneyard edition, that's coming up next on a straight Viceroy build, but this is sort of the Fuzzdog version laid out, and it will end up on a EL Tangerine board. Big thanks to Chuck and the rest of you guys for helping me get over my fear of breadboards, because on this recent build it really saved my bacon. I was able to test everything out ahead of time and then find some errors in the silkscreen on the original board because I knew the circuit...

It's still a spaghetti board of doom, but dang, you learn a LOT...

2023-04-13 - Steggi Monarch Validation.jpg

That looks much more organized than my breadboards.

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I bend my resistors a little differently and I find it helps me to push them in and out of cramped spacing a little easier. You just have to pinch the leads together right below the resistor housing at the same time when you push them into the board. It also makes it easy to put resistors in rows right next to each other.

bent resistor.jpeg

That looks much more organized than my breadboards.

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I bend my resistors a little differently and I find it helps me to push them in and out of cramped spacing a little easier. You just have to pinch the leads together right below the resistor housing at the same time when you push them into the board. It also makes it easy to put resistors in rows right next to each other.

That's a decent idea... I guess in the back of my mind I'm bending these like I'd populate in a board if I ever wanted to make it easy to take something from the breadboard right to a PCB... but I'm not able to do that on everything (electrolytic caps for one...).

Very curious about this! I just a built a Tangerine and was really disappointed with it using the stock build. Not the tone, but the way it’s basically broken if you build it to those docs. Did you breadboard it that way? Do you have issues if you crank the treble or bass?

Very curious about this! I just a built a Tangerine and was really disappointed with it using the stock build. Not the tone, but the way it’s basically broken if you build it to those docs. Did you breadboard it that way? Do you have issues if you crank the treble or bass?
I breadboarded it the way I wanted the final configuration to go - so I pretty much used the Boneyard + Fuzzdog schematic. I can crank the treble and bass and not get any wierdness, though the treble boost appears to be a lot stronger than the bass boost.

Back