Equilux inductors

Diynot

Noticed that on the 45mh inductors, 1 leg is longer than the other and marked with a white dot. Don’t see anything on the board and am not used to the other inductors I have used in the past having it, but do these have a polarity and does it matter which way I put them on the board?

I believe the long leg is the bottom of the vertical coil.....not really sure about the polarity though....
Does that change how I orient them on the board though? Probably overthinking it and leaning towards “no”, but want avoid any troubleshooting later

Oh no your 100 percent in the right! I wouldnt want to install anything unless i had a proper answer! Ill be honest im curious myself i have no idea. Dealing with diodes, transistors, etc. Orientation is important!

Hoping someone can give a definitive answer!

It’s not a polarized component so direction doesn’t technically matter. As @steviejr92 said, it’s just marking the coil orientation. Just like with non-polarized capacitors that still have markings for the outer foil, it’s something that can matter as far as reducing noise in high-frequency (way out of the range of hearing) signals. That’s to say, it doesn’t matter.

Back