Face plate graphics

For what it's worth, I just finished this Leprechaun and used mostly paint pens to do the art/labelling (as per this thread):

20190824_192628-03-jpeg.1104

That’d be awesome to do if I wasn’t absolutely atrocious at drawing haha

Ha. As someone with a lot of practice, it's still pretty harrowing, as it's easy to screw up and hard to remove. The paint pens often don't go on the way I'd like (they blob or mix funny, etc.). Always a challenge.

Ha. As someone with a lot of practice, it's still pretty harrowing, as it's easy to screw up and hard to remove. The paint pens often don't go on the way I'd like (they blob or mix funny, etc.). Always a challenge.
Which pens do you use?

I picked up some Posca ones and they’re great. I was using whatever my wife had previously and they were super runny and hard to use but these have been pretty nice.

Which pens do you use?

I picked up some Posca ones and they’re great. I was using whatever my wife had previously and they were super runny and hard to use but these have been pretty nice.

I've been using a mix of Molotow and Sharpie, mostly. The Molotow ones have been good, but I think they sometimes interact with the pain underneath. I'll check out the Posca ones. Thanks!

I just started using posca pens after getting frustrated with acrylic paint and watching enamel paint destroy my brushes. Posca pens are really nice they take a little bit to get used to but have been really nice for lettering.

I tried po paint something on a powder coat enclosure and i messed up and tried to erase it. I ended up ruining the enclosure but used posca pens to cover it up.

Here is the jacked enclosure and its rebirth.

I started with photo transfer potch, then switched to water slide decals and also tried self-adhesive paper because I ordered some sheets by mistake. I prefer decals.

I also tried etching, but already failed at the ironing stage, as I couldn't get a proper image transfer.

I’ve left my iron on top of the image transfer for like 20 minutes just to be sure, it can be tricky. I reaaaally want to find an old school electric iron that’s just a flat sheet of cast iron or something.

Back