SOLVED Fixing lifted pot pads?

zachlovescoffee

Hello! Eek!

I’m putting the final touches on my paragon and I accidentally lifted two of the pads on the b25k pot.

Is this a big deal? Can I just shove the wires in and fill them up with solder or do I have to do some surgery? I’ve never fixed a pad before.

Please advise!

Attachments

• IMG_0358 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0358 Large.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: fig
It's a massive big deal.......nah just kiddin! 🤣

Which tone pot & which two pads?

Tone 1
Pad 1 goes to C6
Pad 2 goes to R10
Pad 3 goes to R9

Tone 2
Pad 1 goes to C17
Pad 2 goes to R24
Pad 3 goes to R23

You can check continuity from the components listed above to the associated pad (reverse side) and see if it is ruined. If so, you can jumper to the pot pin from the same component.

Is this one board or wire? Regardless you'll want to do Fig's continuity checks first and then if jumpers are needed you can solder the pot side in with them

It's a massive big deal.......nah just kiddin! 🤣

Which tone pot & which two pads?

Tone 1
Pad 1 goes to C6
Pad 2 goes to R10
Pad 3 goes to R9

Tone 2
Pad 1 goes to C17
Pad 2 goes to R24
Pad 3 goes to R23

You can check continuity from the components listed above to the associated pad (reverse side) and see if it is ruined. If so, you can jumper to the pot pin from the same component.
Verified continuity on Tone 2 is present at each of those comnections. So fill that sucker up with solder and move on? 😂

Pretty much yes. I would check for continuity afterwards as well - and check from the pot pin once it is in place, not just the PCB location to make sure that there is continuity to the actual component

Back