Flanger To DIY or not to DIY?

Yes? You actually thought this teaser would suffice?
Well... all this messing around lately with my buddy's OG EHX Electric Mistress has got me all jacked up.

So I drifted over to the Crazy Legume's place to see what condition the kidney-shaped captain's condition was in — and spotted a limited run of cute little Maestro Phaser PCBs. Being a close cousin of flanghers I put'er on my dance card, but even as a kissin'-cousin, that's not close enough — not to mention I couldn't justify bus-fare for 1 pretty PCB. So I padded around the dance-circuit of DIY-commerce and there in the corner was a little wall-flower currently not dancing and just waiting to be asked, so I did. Then some Kraken-head butted into the whole affair — next thing you know all three are coming home with me...

Speaking of threesomes...

It'll be interesting to compare my friend's EHXautic Mistress to my crazy Current Lover, and have the little ElecLady Miss Mooer join in for a full méflange à trois.

Have you listened to the FV-1 built-in flanger function? PedalPCB also offers flanger EEPROM code.

Because it's digital, the FV-1 doesn't have that special BBD tone, but it's plenty smooth and has very good s/n.

Speaking of threesomes...

It'll be interesting to compare my friend's EHXautic Mistress to my crazy Current Lover, and have the little ElecLady Miss Mooer join in for a full méflange à trois.
Dude! I did not need that visual of you doing unspeakable things with pedals. :eek:

I picked up one of these a few years back when Monoprice was selling mini-pedals. Set me back about $30. I believe it's a re-branded Mooer Electric Lady. A friend of mine bought an EHX Electric Mistress back in the day and based on my foggy recollections, it sounds very close to the Electric Mistress. Monoprice had a few other good mini-pedals and they stopped selling all of them. :(

Monoprice 611604 mini-flanger.jpg

My buddy that owns the EHX Electric Mistress that you helped me with also has an ElecLady from Mooer. It sounds pertydurnedgud!

I'm pretty sure the Iset Flanger I mentioned on the previous page is your monoprice / friend's Mooer, but it's been a while since I looked at it.

I've got the PPCB Module8 in the build queue, just got email notice that my Low Tide has shipped, and now BeachBum's connection has come through, too...

Like a murder of crows, a Parliament of Owls, a Congress of Salamanders, or a glaring of cats — I'll soon have a flood of flangers, isn't that what a group of flangers is called?

Maybe it's a "flagon" of flangers...

A "float"... no that's crocodiles. Wharbout a floatilla?

A group of Baboons is called a Flange! So that's already taken. A Flange of Flangers ... would've been sweet.

A Drip of flangers

A Jet of flangers

Here I lie in Flangers Fields...

My buddy that owns the EHX Electric Mistress that you helped me with also has an ElecLady from Mooer. It sounds pertydurnedgud!

I'm pretty sure the Iset Flanger I mentioned on the previous page is your monoprice / friend's Mooer, but it's been a while since I looked at it.

I've got the PPCB Module8 in the build queue, just got email notice that my Low Tide has shipped, and now BeachBum's connection has come through, too...

Like a murder of crows, a Parliament of Owls, a Congress of Salamanders, or a glaring of cats — I'll soon have a flood of flangers, isn't that what a group of flangers is called?

Maybe it's a "flagon" of flangers...

A "float"... no that's crocodiles. Wharbout a floatilla?

A group of Baboons is called a Flange! So that's already taken. A Flange of Flangers ... would've been sweet.

A Drip of flangers

A Jet of flangers

Here I lie in Flangers Fields...
Has he reached out? I linked the thread in an ebay message to him/her yesterday or thursday I think

Mine arrived yesterday or the day before. I have to put all soldering on hold unexpectedly as my whole house is being turned upside down. So might not get to these (among 2 dozen other projects) until late into the summer :(

Guys, where are you getting your MN3207/BL3207 for EVM2? That piece looks like Unobtainium...

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Guys, where are you getting your MN3207/BL3207 for EVM2? That piece looks like Unobtainium...
I ordered some from here on recommendation of the flanger pcb seller mentioned above:

I have some (more) on the way. If anyone has trouble finding one, please PM me and I will send you one. :)

If anyone is into DIY, here's something that can be made with 2 of Lectric FX Flintlock PCBs. It's and A/DA based flanger that can do through zero, both positive and negative. There's not many TZ analog flangers, I only know of the Chase Bliss Spectre and FoxRox TZFs...
I've built a couple of these and they work well but have to be powered by 18 volt supply and both MN3007s need to have very close bias requirements... I've added several other LFO options to mine that may not be on the PDFs I attached but the basic idea (important stuff) is in the PDFs. Note that the 2 PDFs need to be printed out and attached end to end, just match the letters.
Enjoy...

Attachments

• TZF #1.pdf
    759.2 KB · Views: 30
  • TZF #2.pdf
    600.2 KB · Views: 23
I was going to start a flanger thread, but thought it might be good to extend this one instead.

Any update on the EMV2 builds? @beachbum @fig @Feral Feline

Would you recommend it over the MB Current Lover?

In similar fashion to the original post: I like the evh117 and I like the elec mistress. Trying to figure out if I should build or buy. And which one …err… one(s)? :unsure:

I'm old-school. I like the Electric Mistress. Played one when they first came out. Very simple, no frills. There are Cheap Chinese Clones of the EM if you want to buy one. Or if you building one is more your style, you might want to read this.

Last edited:
Back