Foot-switch, Toggle switch, DC & 1/4" jack input/help info.

I think those Neutrik 1/4 jacks are great. They feel really solid. The tayda toggles also seem fine.

I use the cheaper blue 3pdt from Tayda (2.49) and haven't had any problems with them. Not sure what you get for the extra .50 on the red ones.

I bought some of those DC jacks and soldered two in before I gave up on them. Both didn't have enough spring force to maintain connection. I like the look of them - I imagine the lumberg ones work well, but those are pricey. I've been happy with the "innie" style.

The larger diameter and offset hole makes room for a bigger leaf spring, I assume that's why they grab better.

Fully agree about the Neutrik (Rean) jacks. Very solid. I’ve gone the other direction with stomps, from the Alphas, which I think are great, to the Gorvas, which just have such a nice feel to them. I may put too much emphasis on the tactile quality of things though…

For the DC jacks, Switchcraft are very nice, but again, they’ve gotten very expensive. Cliff makes ones that seem pretty similar to Lumbergs, but cost a bit less. I haven’t tried any of the lower cost DC jacks, and while I’m sure most are fine, I’d want to get a small order in to test before placing a quantity order.

So far, I am pretty happy with the DC Jacks, the Neutrik jacks, and the on off on toggle switch, I've used them on a few pedals, kind of checking to see if anyone has had any issues.
I have not tried the dailywell footswitch, from some of the forums I’ve read, they’ve suggested that it is identical to the Gorvas.

I really like the DC Jack’s, at first I had an issue only because I did not insert the plug deep enough.
A couple of the test project pedals, I’ve abuse the jacks soldering/unsoldering many times without having any issue.
The other jacks I’m not as fond of because I end up doing epoxy on the back end. I’ve punch out the back end pcb incertain the plug in the past.

Thanks for your time and input

Last edited:
Back