FV-1 arachnid was working for five minutes

Eminentfront

Hi
I bought the Spatialist (Arachnid) reverb and tested it. Sounds amazing. After a while, no WET sounds came from the board. After disconnecting the power and connecting again, the sounds came. This happened a couple of times. Now Wet channel doesn’t work at all.
led seems to be firing at half power, is this also normal?
Tried jumping the FV-1 but still no signal. Switched the EEPROM, still no signal.
Any ideas?

build an audio probe to test whether you are getting a signal at pin 1 of the FV-1. if you are not, look for a bad solder connection in the circuit path going to the FV1.

if you have signal at pin 1, do you have it at at pin 28? If you do, then you have a bad connection between there and your mixer pot.

thanks zgrav. there is a signal coming to pin 1, but not signal leaving from pin 28. I tried to ground pin 13, and there is still no signal.
so, does this mean one of the following:
FV-1 broken
switch, not switching (although I tested for continuity)
Crystal not swinging?

Any ideas?

make sure you have power coming to pins 6, 8 and 13. and a connection to ground for pins 7, 11 and 12. also check to see if pin 28 is shorting to ground.

Strange. If I measure with DC connected, i get Ground on all pins mentioned above except 13. If I remove the DC. I get ground on the pins, which are supposed to be grounded.

What does that mean? Is there an inverted diode somewhere? or FV-1 broken, or this is normal?

And yes, I have power coming to pins 6,8, and 13. 3,3V exact (strange though that my multimeter is beeping, when connected to ground) Pin 28 has around 1,7V to ground. It still beeps when I check for short circuit.

Back