FV-1 EEPROM chips - Builder vs Module8 EEPROM for Arachnid build

RobertJay

I have an FV-1 laying around and could use a flanger circuit. I don't know if it's a misprint but it described the Module8 eeprom as being used in the Arachnid build, but so does the Builder eeprom. Then what does the Module8 pcb use? Are they interchangeable with the module8 chip being a set program and the builder chip being specifically programable?

The "Builder" EEPROM is a blank EEPROM that can be ordered with up 8 different user selectable patches. The Module8 EEPROM is already coded with 8 specific patches. Those patches are listed HERE.

The Module8 and Arachnid PCBs are essentially the same now - but the Module8 PCB comes with a pre-programmed set of patches for the Module8.

The "Builder" EEPROM is a blank EEPROM that can be ordered with up 8 different user selectable patches. The Module8 EEPROM is already coded with 8 specific patches. Those patches are listed HERE.

The Module8 and Arachnid PCBs are essentially the same now - but the Module8 PCB comes with a pre-programmed set of patches for the Module8.
Great thanks. And if I wanted to simply build a flanger pedal I could simply jumper the selector switch pads for that 1 effect, ya? Should be able to... Or if I remember, I might be able to order the builder eeprom with the flanger at program 0 which is the default, I think?

If you only want a flanger and nothing else you can build it on a Pythagoras or Arachnid PCB, load the Flanger algorithm onto slot 0 of an EEPROM, and omit the rotary/toggle switch altogether.

OR … if you want only a flanger, you could get the Byzantium and give that FZ-1 to me.

Half kidding — keep the FZ-1, build the Byzantium and save your FZ-1 for another build of whatever you want. I’ll recommend a flanger, ‘cause then you’d have two flangers, and the more flavours of flangers one has, the better — “Flangers” can be two to many but never too many flangers.

Flanger.

It’s a fun effect and even a fun word to say, “Flanger”. 😋

Back