Ginormous Fuzz

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Posted about this pedal in other threads so you know it was coming. I'm a sucker for simple pedals, especially one-knob fuzzes. This is one of my favorite fuzzes ever. Just a wall of thick doom. Not sure of the topology but it sounds in the muff family.

Simple build. Went by the bom except I used a BC549 instead of the listed BC548B. It sounds great and as a wise person said on this forum, if it sounds good then that's all that matters. Or something like that. Those words have really just helped me just have fun with building.

Went with the Love My Switches August drop of "Razzle Dazzle" and I think it looks incredible. Very happy with this build.

Attachments

• 20230820_115416.jpg
    20230820_115416.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230819_182741.jpg
    20230819_182741.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 53
Nice build! DANG that enclosure is SPARKLY!!!
My Ginormous PCB is arriving in in the mail today. I'm thinking of pairing this with a Squidward PCB for some octave-y doom, I've got a order switcher utility board i haven't used, so this seems like the perfect time to use that too... So i can switch around with the Squidward pre & post fuzz.

Nice build! DANG that enclosure is SPARKLY!!!
My Ginormous PCB is arriving in in the mail today. I'm thinking of pairing this with a Squidward PCB for some octave-y doom, I've got a order switcher utility board i haven't used, so this seems like the perfect time to use that too... So i can switch around with the Squidward pre & post fuzz.

Thanks! I think that's a great idea.

So, I'm finally getting around to building my PCB of this pedal, I just realized the electrolytic caps i have on hand are only rated for 16v.
Will that be okay to use? Should i go out and make sure to get 25V?

So, I'm finally getting around to building my PCB of this pedal, I just realized the electrolytic caps i have on hand are only rated for 16v.
Will that be okay to use? Should i go out and make sure to get 25V?
I hate to give bad advice, but I think the 16V should be fine. It's not consuming much power at all to warrant the 25v. That 25v suggestion may just be used as general suggested minimums to be on the safe side.

Back