Got my Daisy Seeds

Right now it is a build for people that want to experiment with programming a new generation digital sound processing chip. Possibilities will equal and exceed anything that can be done right now with a pedal that uses the FV-1 chip.

Right now it is a build for people that want to experiment with programming a new generation digital sound processing chip. Possibilities will equal and exceed anything that can be done right now with a pedal that uses the FV-1 chip.
From my understanding it exceed by a factor of 10 any FV-1 you could dream of.

No more feeling you're coding in assembly language, 5 minutes (not a typo) of delay time and flashable by simple micro-usb flashing. What not to love.

There is more knobs and switch than resistors on this thing!

Check the simplicity of this: https://docs.pedalpcb.com/project/Terrarium.pdf

Yes I'm a bit excited (and my PedalPCB order is still stuck in Florida, since Oct 12, yes 9 days!)
:(

Got my Terrarium built today. Tried out the toggle / footswitch example. Worked first try. I'm going to write a test program this weekend that tests all the controls a simple boost. This will test all the controls and the audio. Will post my code. Next week, I'm gonna code an echo of some kind.

Got my Terrarium built today. Tried out the toggle / footswitch example. Worked first try. I'm going to write a test program this weekend that tests all the controls a simple boost. This will test all the controls and the audio. Will post my code. Next week, I'm gonna code an echo of some kind.

If you take suggestions, I'm looking for:
  1. Feedback pedal / Plus Pedal / Fender Runaway
  2. Frippertronics looper
  3. Any crazy delay effect pedal you can thing of
:)

Still have not received my PCB thanks to Florida US Postal service...

I'll set up a github repo, this weekend. That way we can work on stuff, together. I have tons of programming experience, some dsp, a lot of embedded experience and some ideas. Always open to ideas. It'll be cool posting code and getting critique, right away. I'm thick-skinned - don't mind criticism. The code ain't good until it does what you want and it's different for everybody. Hopefully, we have dsp guru or two in the group. I have 2-3 buddies that rock at dsp. BTW, I have sound passing through. I'm busy tonight or I'd get the pots and toggles going.

the code for the FV-1 chip effects should also be inspirational as jumping off points for the Terrarium

I'll set up a github repo, this weekend. That way we can work on stuff, together. I have tons of programming experience, some dsp, a lot of embedded experience and some ideas. Always open to ideas. It'll be cool posting code and getting critique, right away. I'm thick-skinned - don't mind criticism. The code ain't good until it does what you want and it's different for everybody. Hopefully, we have dsp guru or two in the group. I have 2-3 buddies that rock at dsp. BTW, I have sound passing through. I'm busy tonight or I'd get the pots and toggles going.
Sadly, I'm not a real coder. More a server guy but I can jump into other's code and change a single value... :p

Or test stuff.

BTW, one of idea I had (and it could be stupid) was to almost always offer some kind of noise gate module at the end of any effect and use the 4th SPDT switch to set it on/off.

The Terrarium future is quite exciting!

Anyone have a bonehead simple example of getting something together and pushing it to the pedal? I seem to be able to use the ElectroSmith web app to install stuff. What to you use to compile the terrarium.h file to a bin that can be pushed to the pedal?

I haven't decided whether it makes sense to put a hole in the enclosure for the usb cable. I will probably go for a smaller slot in the bottom side of the enclosure that lets the cable through but not the plug, so you need to unscrew the bottom plate to get the cable plug in or out of the box.

Anyone have a bonehead simple example of getting something together and pushing it to the pedal? I seem to be able to use the ElectroSmith web app to install stuff. What to you use to compile the terrarium.h file to a bin that can be pushed to the pedal?
I'm using linux. What platform are you using? I've made 3 small apps but haven't done anything complicated.

Back