GREER SUCKER PUNCH

djmiyta

In such a small circuit I cant understand why I can't bias the only transistor in the circuit. I get it to Bias to 4.6v but I have to have all pots maxed and hit the string pretty hard to get a sound thats farty and dies out in less than a second I've tried both a mmbfj201 and a through hole j201 with the same results
Anybody had a similar issue biasing 1 transistor in such a small circuit
Heres the layout and pics of my build

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 22
Building Acapulco Gold I tried different chips and your right the ones that worked well for me were the 386D (I’d have chk to be sure which one but at the time I had A few different ones Completely forgot cause one I did pick really stood out but I think it may have to do with the J201 maybe my trimmer since I seem to get a millisec of a millisec of something that could sound good If It could be dialed in on the trimmer……….maybe

No problem, hope you sort it out! I am curious
Well so far I’ve tried a 386M and a 386D the 386D was slightly better but still farty with no sustain and you gotta hit the string hard to get a sound. The suggested chip being a LM386-4 no telling when I’ll get any but I’ll update when I do (I also swapped the thru hole J201 with a mmbfJ201 with no noticable difference ) both biased to needed voltage and then adjust by ear and found no usable range

Back