Harmonic Tremolo - switch to "normal"?

lcipher3

So a harmonic tremolo has a High Pass and Low Pass section. Each with a LDR (not sown in circuit).

Can you get a "normal" tremolo sound by only using one of the paths and opening up the filter?
Something like below where you switch C7 and C5 so they are either "off" (as shown = normal tremolo?) or on (in parallel and harmonic tremolo?)
(I dont know how to do a mechanical switch in LTSpice)

harmolo.png

You could have a dpdt switch that disconnects C3 (making the lower path full freq range instead of only low end), and disconnects C2 (mutes top branch).

You could have a dpdt switch that disconnects C3 (making the lower path full freq range instead of only low end), and disconnects C2 (mutes top branch).
Right - I just put a 10pF so there was "something" there vs open to avoid pops, but thats pretty much what I'm thinking
C2 is C7 in my schematic and C3 is C5

Rather than disable one branch you might want to switch both LEDs over to the same phase so you get a full range sweep, rather than all bass or all treble.

EDIT: Just read phi1's response, different approach to the same solution.

About the grounding treble branch method that cardinal uses, I’m hesitant to recommend since I don’t see a good spot to ground that path that won’t affect the other branch. Cardinal grounds after a 120k resistor which isolates the grounding from the other branch.

I could be missing something, but that’s why i didn’t recommend it. It is a nice setup since it can be on an SPDT switch, with ground on the middle lug.

here you go. the rotary switch allows for regular tremolo, harmonic tremolo, bass-only tremolo, and treble-only tremolo. very interesting design

Got it - like pedalPCB said just put the LEDs for the LDR's in phase. Or the way I had drawn out seems workable.

About the grounding treble branch method that cardinal uses, I’m hesitant to recommend since I don’t see a good spot to ground that path that won’t affect the other branch. Cardinal grounds after a 120k resistor which isolates the grounding from the other branch.

I could be missing something, but that’s why i didn’t recommend it. It is a nice setup since it can be on an SPDT switch, with ground on the middle lug.

yeah I think I'll just try the way you suggested (same as mine). I'm not interested in all the options like the CherryPie. Just to get a "noramal tremolo" as an option would be nice. Whats also nice about this option is that if I socket C2 and C3 its super simple to try it out and hear how it sounds.

Speaking of all of this— Is the Double Pendulum’s LED/LDR grouping arranged in such a way that the phase of one channel’s LEDs can be flipped (via offboard wiring of course) so the two tremolo channels are 180° out of sync (left is bass-focused while right is treble-focused, etc), or are the two channels slaved to the same LEDs?

Back