Headers and the Electrovibe Mini...

I used this:

and these:
I'm currently sourcing parts for the Electro-Vibe Mini and I'm confused about the headers. Looking at the specs for these, the combined male & female height of just the black plastic is around 11mm. From what I can tell, the 7371 bulb is nearly 16mm overall, with about half of that being the base (approx. 8mm). So, with 11mm of header and 1.6mm of PCB thickness, only 3 to 3.4mm of bulb would be poking through.

Would these possibly be a better combination at an overall height of around 8mm? Thanks in advance!

40-pin-dip-sip-ic-sockets-adaptor-solder-type
40-pin-male-2-54-mm-single-row-pin-header-break-away-round-pin-gold-plated

I'm currently sourcing parts for the Electro-Vibe Mini and I'm confused about the headers. Looking at the specs for these, the combined male & female height of just the black plastic is around 11mm. From what I can tell, the 7371 bulb is nearly 16mm overall, with about half of that being the base (approx. 8mm). So, with 11mm of header and 1.6mm of PCB thickness, only 3 to 3.4mm of bulb would be poking through.

Would these possibly be a better combination at an overall height of around 8mm? Thanks in advance!

40-pin-dip-sip-ic-sockets-adaptor-solder-type
40-pin-male-2-54-mm-single-row-pin-header-break-away-round-pin-gold-plated

Just permanently install a light shield with a reflective surface inside and you don’t need to worry about the bulb height above the top board.

It’s sounds better that way anyway.

Just permanently install a light shield with a reflective surface inside and you don’t need to worry about the bulb height above the top board.

It’s sounds better that way anyway.
Thanks! I’ll try both header options since these parts are inexpensive at Tayda.

In the meantime, I’ll search the forum for light shield ideas (hot glued bottle cap lined with foil?).

Back
Top Bottom